Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Front Door Speakers

Old 06-01-2004, 03:26 PM
mTeC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Door Speakers

Hey! I own a 92 4 drs EX-R Accord and I changed the front door speakers, When open the door pannel, there is a black plastic piece that goes around the 5 1/4 " speaker. I decided to put 6 1/2" speakers but they don't actually fit in the platic case. So I fixed them there without the plastic frame and it seems the sound quality is not that good. (Between I put Pioneer 6 1/2 " speakers so it's not the speakers are broken or anything.) Behind the speaker I fixed a light plastic to prevent the contact between the speaker and the water that stays on the window.

What I'm wondering about is : Are there any Accord or Acura cars that have 6 1/2 " speakers from origin!!???

I would use this car's plastic case so the sound quality would increase.

Thanks a lot
Martin!
Old 06-01-2004, 03:50 PM
TTT

You're probably not going to get great sound quality just by switching mounting devices. I would recommend you pick up some sound deadening and seal off your doors, or at least put some behind the speaker. That will give you much better midbass response. I would also recommend, if you have the tools, fabricate a better mounting bracket... it seems to me you kind of ghetto rigged them to stay in there. Just get some mdf and make some mounting rings... there are numerous diy sites that show how to do it.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:20 PM
SnP2k

Hmm, my '98 has 6.5" in front, they're nice, but I need to seal the doors better because the bass in the front isn't that great, whereas the rear speakers are very bassy (because of the trunk). My car used to have a plastic case, that doesn't do jack for sound quality...it would only do something if it was SOLID, the one that used to be in my car had "vent" slits in it. All that plastic piece does is mount the speaker and offer some protection from water on the window.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:23 PM
nfg05

my '00 accord EX coupe also has 6.5" speakers in the front, i'm pretty sure all the 6th gen's do.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:36 PM
SmutWanter
"Made to Please"

Check this thread out about your situation.

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...d.php?t=141797