Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Aiwa CDC-Mp3 Disk problem

Old 08-06-2002, 11:26 AM
pimpachu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aiwa CDC-Mp3 Disk problem

I have a Aiwa MP3-CDC head unit installed in a 97 Accord EX and one day i ejected the disk and i didnt pull the disk out(it was still half was in the tray and i was looking through my cd case for another disk) when the same disk sucked itself back in automaticaly.But it didnt go in all the way, it stoped 3/4 of the way in and doesnt suck it in anymore. Did i break the sensor or the belt or something. Ever since then the head unit doesnt take cds, it really sucks cuz i`m stuck with the radio. Does anyone have this head unit or has had a similar problem, how or who can fix it?the warranty is expired.BEST BUY wants 40 bucks to LOOK at it!!!! I have eyes too and i can do it for free.Do i just have to get a new head unit?Anybody know if Sony Changers are compatible with Aiwa decks since Aiwa has CD Changer controls but doesnt make CD changers. If all else fails i`ll prolly just get a 6 or 10 disc Sony Mp3 changer for 200-300 bucks cost the same as a new deck and screw the Aiwa indash CD/mp3 drive. Thanx
Old 08-06-2002, 12:22 PM
cheezthis
sound/acoustical engineer

First question...were you using those sticker labels? If so, don't use them again. Besides creating an unbalanced rotation (which makes reading the data tough), they tend to snag on things.

A method that works for me a lot is to simply hit the reset button...even when they're jammed, it usually takes care of ejecting the disc, just remember that you'll lose all your presets when you do this.

As for the changer compatibility...not sure, but I don't think so. I know that Sony owns Aiwa, but they're not the same stuff.
Old 08-06-2002, 02:08 PM
pimpachu

crazy...i tried the reset but still no work and i dont have a cd label creator.
Old 08-07-2002, 05:38 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

disconect the power, pull out any cd's , then power again
Old 12-24-2013, 05:12 AM
alexstone

pimpachu if you haven`t cd label creator, make a DVD label. I will be the same result!