Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

polk speaker

Old 08-03-2002, 09:23 AM
derf
Spec5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polk speaker

just FYI, they're warantee is SO lax. if you blow them they'll replace them.... you just send them to their sandiego location and they'll just send you a new one back

i blew my dx12 like i told you guys i called them up and he just said send it to them and you'll get a new one back. almost no quesions asked cuz they can't really fix speakers.
Old 08-05-2002, 06:04 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Did you have to show proof of purchase? I own a set of the ex II 6x9's, only paid 50 bucks for them brand new from fry's electronics, I figure for that price, I'd just buy a new pair if I ever blow them. I plan on getting some ex II 6 1/2" components soon too, also at fry's for 99 bucks.
Old 08-05-2002, 07:01 PM
97teg

ex components are not bad but need some eq. I think there a bit lacking in the mid range. I didn't like them until got the eq set properly.
Old 08-05-2002, 07:50 PM
derf
Spec5

yea proof of purchase but its basically no hassle... send it in, and they send one back..... brand new
Old 08-05-2002, 08:46 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by 97teg
ex components are not bad but need some eq. I think there a bit lacking in the mid range. I didn't like them until got the eq set properly.
Thanks for the heads up. I have an Alpine w/built in EQ, think that would cut it? I hope so, don't really want to spend much more on my system. But then again, the little slot right below the head unit would be a perfect home for a sweet Audio Control EQ:naughty:
Old 08-06-2002, 01:48 PM
97teg

Yeah that should be ok . My eq is only a five band with parametric eq for the sub. I thinks its a lot like the audio control in dash eq. Works well and steps up the voltage for the amps. Mine was about 200 new. Not a whole lot. The only thing is if you take the face off your cd player the eq is still there and it's pretty odvious you have a system. Other than that i like it but it needs to be set right to make the difference.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:06 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by 97teg
Yeah that should be ok . My eq is only a five band with parametric eq for the sub. I thinks its a lot like the audio control in dash eq. Works well and steps up the voltage for the amps. Mine was about 200 new. Not a whole lot. The only thing is if you take the face off your cd player the eq is still there and it's pretty odvious you have a system. Other than that i like it but it needs to be set right to make the difference.
what would be ok, the audio control eq or the built in one in my head unit? If I did get an eq, I wouldn't put it right under the head unit, it would go in my glove box or in the center console armrest, hey, thats a good idea:naughty:
Old 08-06-2002, 07:37 PM
97teg

the head unit jsut try that and see if it sounds good enough for you. If it does than it saves you some money. I use the volume on the eq instead of the deck so i can't put it away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: