Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting-30/)
-   -   RE: My previous post "Another Electrical Question..." (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting/122793-re-my-previous-post-another-electrical-question.html)

DBookatay 02-06-2004 02:01 PM

RE: My previous post "Another Electrical Question..."

HOLY S%!T... What a night.

Well last night turned out to be an interesting yet uneventful night.
I went a bought a variable load flasher from Auto Zone and tried to put it in, but the freaking thing wouldn't fit into the fuse box. The only one that AZ had was the circle metal ones, the prongs lined up so I figured I could somehow get around that. So, out comes steering wheel, turn signal and windshield washer controls and my entire dashboard. Why, cause I figured I could just trim around the plastic housing so this stupid $7 thing would fit in. I wanted to install my remote start anyways, so I figured now would be a perfect time to do it.

Well, between all the wires and relays I added for my shaved doors, my freaking speaker wires and RCA cables, wiring for the neon's (that were, [I'll get to that story late]) under my dash and the freaking Honda wiring harness I soon realized I started a HUGH project and that it was to late to turn back. So I unplug the harness, and all the connections going into the fuse box, an hour project in itself, and pull the box out and sand it down flush with my Dremel. Reinstall the fuse box, move my door kit farther up my firewall and neaten all the wiring for that, and plug most of the harness connections back in.

So now what? Time to do my remote start, a Crimestopper RS901 VI. Its an add on unit that uses the 5th channel of my door kit, that way I don't have to have 2 remotes on my key chain, I just hold don't button #1, and bam, a nice warm car. YEAH! IT WOULD OF WORKED IF THE FREAKING GUY I BOUGHT IT FROM INCLUDED THE GOD DAMN WIRING INSTRUCTIONS !!!! So now I have about 40 wires and NO IDEA what goes where. I've never installed a remote start, so I didn't know where to begin. So I threw the crap back in the box and said the hell with it. Spring is almost here!

Finish putting my dash back together, instrument cluster, hazard, defrost, sunroof, cruse control buttons, ect... all the crap you have to remove in order to get the dash out. Rewire up my deck, (a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X817 and an Audiobahn AEQ-7 to control my amps,) and am pretty much on my hands and knees hoping that this freaking flasher will work. IT DOESN'T! For some reason it keeps blowing the turn signal fuse, I tried 3 times. And the worst part, now my damn hazard lights wont work. Not really sure why, but for now I figure how often do I really use them anyways.

So to make a real long story short SOMEONE PLEASE HELP... If someone knows where I can get a variable load flasher that will fit in a 90 Accord, pm me. And if anyone knows where I can get remote start wiring diagrams, please help....