Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Another electrical question...

Old 02-03-2004, 03:56 PM
DBookatay
"Can I get a hoo-ha?"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another electrical question...

If anyone can tell me how to stop my turn signals from blinking to fast, please help.

Here's why they blink to fast...

I put a R33 front bumper on my 90 Accord 4 door, so I didn't put the lower bumper turn signals on my car, 1 cause there isnt a place for them, and 2 cause there gay.

Instead of adding M3 mirrors (to rice) to replace the missing turn lights I added Mini Cooper Type S fender vents with the signal lights built right into them. (M3, Z3 and SLR fenders are WAY to played out. My prediction is that before my car is even finished people will be stealing my idea, but hey, that's life...)

I know that if you remove a bulb, or if a bulb is dead they'll blink faster, to let you know a light for whatever reason is blown. But I wired the Mini Cooper lights to the wiring from the lower bumper, so as far as the car knows, there are still 3 turn signal lights, right?

The side lights work fine, but blink fast as if there is still a bulb blown. Is there any way I can rewire it so that they blink at a normal rate? Any Honda electrical experts out there?
Old 02-03-2004, 10:30 PM
slammed91-hatch

of the wiring is freyed it will blink fast. or if you didn't wire it quite right, any little thing with the wiring can throw it off.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:51 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

2 194 style bulbs and a 1156 still does not draw enough current to make the flasher flash properly, it still "thinks" there is a bulb out. You'll notice if you turn on the hazards, it will flash the proper speed.

You need a "Variable Load" flasher. These are usually the round, metalic flashers... just make sure it says "variable load" on the package. There are also electronic versions available (black plastic casing)... either way you'll need 2 small wires as well with "quick disconnect" terminals on each end... male on one end, female on the other ends... the female connectors will slide onto the terminals on the new flasher, and the male terminals will "plug" into the flasher socket under the dash. The flasher socket has 3 terminals, one is hot all the time, one is a ground and one goes to the turn signal switch... use a test light to find the correct 2 terminals.

You'll spend about $5 total if you get a thermal flasher (the metal case ones), and about $10 if you get an electronic flasher, just make sure its a VARIABLE LOAD flasher.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:50 PM
Zubie

Default flashers don't work

I was getting a flasher type clicking while driving , if I put my directionals on the clicking would be in sink with the lights. I replaced the flasher. now my 4 ways, directionals don.t work at all. At one point if I put my directionals on my door light and indicater would come on. Once there was a small amount of smoke that seemed to come from around my fuel gage any ideas on where to begin looking for a short or something?