Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting-30/)
-   -   is this something i can do by myself?? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting/11010-is-this-something-i-can-do-by-myself.html)

steveng 07-23-2002 05:44 PM

is this something i can do by myself??

installing amps, subs and running wires throughout the car? do i need any pro skills to do them on my own or will i be fine with the manual?

VRGNCD5 07-23-2002 06:11 PM

Re: is this something i can do by myself??

Originally posted by steveng
installing amps, subs and running wires throughout the car? do i need any pro skills to do them on my own or will i be fine with the manual?
its not too terribly difficult but the manuals wont show you how to run the wiring and stuff.

e3NiNe 07-23-2002 06:34 PM

if you have the time and patience, go for it. if not, best buy's road shop only charges $40 to install an amp.

steveng 07-23-2002 07:00 PM

Re: Re: is this something i can do by myself??

Originally posted by 94uhkord

its not too terribly difficult but the manuals wont show you how to run the wiring and stuff.

what is the hardest thing i will encounter by installing stuffs?

steveng 07-23-2002 07:05 PM

Originally posted by Eklypse39
if you have the time and patience, go for it. if not, best buy's road shop only charges $40 to install an amp.
i live in a condo and there's no place for me to do the works. i don't like doing installations aside the road cuz everyone passing by would see what i have in my trunk and that's not secured. anyway, how long it should take me to install the amp, sub, and speakers and of course wiring, if i am a NEWBIE?

07-23-2002 07:39 PM

all youll need is a whole day, maybe weekend, and a bunch of tools:)

VRGNCD5 07-23-2002 08:11 PM

Re: Re: Re: is this something i can do by myself??

what is the hardest thing i will encounter by installing stuffs?

I don't think any of it is hard, it's just time consuming. For a noob like you:p expect to have difficulty getting the power lead for the amp into the cabin of the car from the engine bay. That will be fun if nothing else. You're also gonna have fun running the wires under the carpet so you can't notice them when everything gets put back together. I can't really think of anything thats too hard to do. You live in Cali? I wouldn't mind helping if possible.

VRGNCD5 07-23-2002 08:13 PM

i live in a condo and there's no place for me to do the works. i don't like doing installations aside the road cuz everyone passing by would see what i have in my trunk and that's not secured. anyway, how long it should take me to install the amp, sub, and speakers and of course wiring, if i am a NEWBIE?

I would expect it to take the better part of a day if this is your first try at it. But beware, once you install, you'll be hooked.

VRGNCD5 07-23-2002 08:16 PM

Originally posted by nú˘ˇví˘
all youll need is a whole day, maybe weekend, and a bunch of tools:)
dont need too many tools, phillips and flat head screwdrivers, wire cutters and stipper, a drill and some drill bits and of course, a healty collection of connectors would help.

steveng 07-23-2002 08:17 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: is this something i can do by myself??

Originally posted by 94uhkord

I don't think any of it is hard, it's just time consuming. For a noob like you:p expect to have difficulty getting the power lead for the amp into the cabin of the car from the engine bay. That will be fun if nothing else. You're also gonna have fun running the wires under the carpet so you can't notice them when everything gets put back together. I can't really think of anything thats too hard to do. You live in Cali? I wouldn't mind helping if possible.

thanx bro, i am from canada just let you know.
do you know what tools will i need?