Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

is this something i can do by myself??

Old 07-23-2002, 08:25 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: is this something i can do by myself??

Originally posted by steveng

thanx bro, i am from canada just let you know.
do you know what tools will i need?
look up a couple posts, you'll see what tools.
Old 07-23-2002, 08:41 PM
FromTheBottom
Driver of Trains

I suggest you do the install yourself. You may say that you'd rather pay $40 at Best Buy and save time and aggravation, but doing this will teach you so much about your car and how this whole car audio thing works.

A Haynes or Helm's manual will help you with interior removal (panels, rear seats, etc), and is always helpful when working with or familiarizing yourself with the car.

The install may truly make you hooked. I started with doing mine, now all my friends are asking me to do theirs, which I gladly accept.

Plan for this to take the whole day. You may want to spend some time researching online and getting people's opinions and help before you start. Any little tricks could save hours!

Any help you need, this forum is more than welcome to help you out. You can email me too with any help you need. Otherwise good luck!
Old 07-23-2002, 08:59 PM
steveng

thank you guys. i can feel ur love . i've heard about Hayes and Helm's manuels. do you know where i can get them other than online?
Old 07-23-2002, 09:12 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

thank you guys. i can feel ur love . i've heard about Hayes and Helm's manuels. do you know where i can get them other than online?
your local auto part store
Old 07-23-2002, 10:15 PM
b00gers

yes. need lots of patience though. dont rush your work, and if you have doubts, post a thread on it before continueing......=)

my hardest part was running 2 4Guage power wires from the battery to the trunk.
Old 07-23-2002, 10:24 PM
steveng

do you know for 6gen accord sedan, do i have to take out the back seats for the wires to go into the trunk?
Old 07-23-2002, 11:07 PM
b00gers

you can go either way....run them down the center, or the sides. running them down the center you will have to take the seats out. from the side, no.

im speaking of the integra, which may apply to the accord, but not sure...

just take a look at your car, get familiar with it
Old 07-24-2002, 05:31 AM
FromTheBottom
Driver of Trains

do you know for 6gen accord sedan, do i have to take out the back seats for the wires to go into the trunk?
You may not have to take the seats out, but doing so makes it easier to get at the side panels and gives your more work area. And if you're mounting an amp to the backseat, it's easier to work with if the seat's removed.

Good luck.
Old 07-24-2002, 05:47 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Will- you ended up running your power leads down the center huh? I imagine that would be the best way.
And why did you run 2 power leads instead of using a distribution block?

steveng- the size of your power lead will ultimately decide how or where you run it. My power lead isn't that big, I think its 8 guage, maybe 4, so I was able to run it down the sides under the door sills. No need to take the back seat out when running down the sides. But if you don't mind the extra work, taking the seat out wont hurt and will give you more area to work with.
Old 07-24-2002, 05:49 AM
steveng

do i mount the amps directly on the back of the seats or is it better to mount on a piece of wood board? second question is, should i use 4 guage all the way from the battery to the amps, or 4 guage for the main power wire, and 8 to the amps?

Quick Reply: is this something i can do by myself??