Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting-30/)
-   -   Lightning Audio, good or bad? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting/109191-lightning-audio-good-or-bad.html)

evolution 11-19-2003 11:15 PM

Lightning Audio, good or bad?

There is a deal at the local Best Buy/Futureshop for this package

12" Lightning Audio
Lightning Audio Amp
Box
Installation

For $300 CDN ($250 US)

Good deal? I just want a cheap sub to put in the Accord that isn't too loud.

Surfacing171 11-20-2003 03:31 PM

ehh. I dun like their stuff. The amps are crap :madfawk: All you need.

www.edesignaudio.com - Kx12 (badass sub, and they are like $85 a piece)
www.ebay.com JBL 300.1 - If your going to seal this sub, you can't go wrong.
Buy some MDF and make a speaker box, or pick one up cheap somewhere. www.speakerhole.com I think they have boxes that would work for the Kx. Good luck

2kAccord 11-20-2003 08:49 PM

Lightning Audio is crap. Dont ever buy car audio at Best Buy. Look for a local car audio shop. Theyll be able to help a lot more. Or buy a sub from ebay and have them install it.

GSteg 11-23-2003 01:32 PM

lighting audio isn't crap, but the one you are looking at is indeed crap. lol

evolution 11-24-2003 07:30 PM

I just want cheap stuff haha, it's 1/3rd the price of JBL. I also drive my Accord everywhere, especially downtown at night so I don't want to cry if my system get stolen.

If it's lightning audio....meh....they might not even steal it. :D

Thing is, is lightning audio bad as in bad quality or bad reliability? Because if it's the latter....then that would affect my purchase. :happysad:

A_D 11-24-2003 08:18 PM

Originally posted by evolution
I just want cheap stuff haha, it's 1/3rd the price of JBL. I also drive my Accord everywhere, especially downtown at night so I don't want to cry if my system get stolen.

If it's lightning audio....meh....they might not even steal it. :D

Thing is, is lightning audio bad as in bad quality or bad reliability? Because if it's the latter....then that would affect my purchase. :happysad:

don't slump your shit downtown w/ your windows down/dont advertise with stickers and shit and you won't have to worry

go with what the guy who recommended the elemental designs shit said
i'm getting 2 12 0's and a soundstream rubicon 1000 watt soon

the only lighting audio shit i've sported is a wiring kit LOL

GSteg 11-24-2003 08:27 PM

with $250 US, its not gonna get u anywhere. save up to about $350 US and you can get something way better.

if u don't expect much and just want some bass, get the lightning audio. don't turn up the gain expecting it to shake buildings or anything like that. as long as you take care of the sub, it will take care of you. i still have my $20 10" lighting audio sub here with me and it works after all my abuse. :D

Technodigifreak 11-24-2003 09:22 PM

Originally posted by A_D

the only lighting audio shit i've sported is a wiring kit LOL

thats one thing i have to admit, they make a great wiring kit for cheap.

Surfacing171 11-25-2003 05:17 AM

Originally posted by GSteg
with $250 US, its not gonna get u anywhere. save up to about $350 US and you can get something way better.

if u don't expect much and just want some bass, get the lightning audio. don't turn up the gain expecting it to shake buildings or anything like that. as long as you take care of the sub, it will take care of you. i still have my $20 10" lighting audio sub here with me and it works after all my abuse. :D

SPL aside....the ED subs will blow away the lighting audio subs in sound quality as well. Hands down. As said above, save a few dollars more and get something quality, yet still affordable. If your looking for wiring kits, the best bang for you buck is form these people http://www.knukonceptz.com/ Their wires are awesome. They even have more strands than Rockford Fosgate kits of comparable gauge.

GSteg 11-25-2003 06:48 AM

the lightning audio storm doesn't sound too bad. :dunno: