Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Aftermarket stereo not staying put and alarm keyless entry question

Old 11-18-2003, 10:54 AM
Klatu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket stereo not staying put and alarm keyless entry question

I have a 94 accord ex sedan. I bought it used and the previous owner has a sony cd player installed as well as a viper alarm.

The cd player is in an install kit that has a cubby hole underneath and it snaps into place in the factory stereo hole with 4 little clips.

It seems the weight of the cd player is stronger than the clips cuz it keeps falling out of place and I have to pull the whole thing out and put it back in where it will just fall out of place again and again.

Attached is a pic of the problem. Is there any way to rig this to work or do I need to find another install kit that has a better design? Or is this just a common problem 5th gen accord owners have to put up with?

Also it has a viper alarm installed. The only reason I know it's a viper alarm is that there were viper stickers on the windshield. The alarm has a shock sensor (when i shut the drunk it goes off if armed) and when the doors are opened it goes off. I'm not sure if it has starter kill or not. I would like to add keyless entry so when I use the remote to arm/disarm the alarm the locks would lock/unlock without having to use a key. Is this possible?

How can I find the exact alarm model number? The only things I can see under the hood is the alarm speaker and some wires bundled together that appear to go to the turn signals (i guess to activate the lights when i arm/disarm the alarm)

any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Joshua
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
radio[1].jpg (27.3 KB, 46 views)
Old 11-25-2003, 04:49 PM
Pimpin Olds
E-mail lists for sale-ehh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

duct tape

You have to find the main controll unit, or the "brain". Itll say there. Good luck finding it...