Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Help me out

Old 07-23-2002, 06:20 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help me out

Originally posted by /^Blackmagik^\

also he said that after i posted the explanation of the difference. after that did i post anything that was really too hard to understand? if it was your parents have my condolances. jfwy :thumbup:
dude, you're giving me a headache. I left the forum for a little bit hoping you'd get over yourself but I see that's not possible. And as for your "parents" statement, :tfg: Grow up dude.
Old 07-23-2002, 09:35 PM
steveng

why my friend told me i don't need an amp for the front speakers? He said since i have a sub, i don't need too much bass in the front so there's no need to power them or get them louder. is he right?
Old 07-23-2002, 09:44 PM
steveng

Originally posted by 94uhkord

ok. Since the subs you have are rated at 300rms and 1000max, I would agree with blackmagic that you should get the mrd 500. Usually subs rms is half of the max, but yours are only 300rms so you'd end up running your subs 100watts shy of their rms rating which isn't too bad. Go for it.
is the price(300-350)for MRD 500 worth it? it is Alpine's new class D amp which is very efficient i guess.
Old 07-23-2002, 10:00 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by steveng
why my friend told me i don't need an amp for the front speakers? He said since i have a sub, i don't need too much bass in the front so there's no need to power them or get them louder. is he right?
he doesn't know what he's talking about. You want your front stage to be stong, running them off the deck isn't gonna accomplish that. He is right that you don't need too much bass from the front speakers though, but you do want to amp them so they are louder and more clear. I hope they are components (seperate speaker and tweeter w/crossover), if not, still ok, just not as good as component.
Old 07-23-2002, 10:05 PM
steveng

he said too loud would hurt my ears he also said that i am wasting my money

yes i have 2 way components, 2 in the dash board and 2 in the doors
Old 07-24-2002, 05:51 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

he said too loud would hurt my ears he also said that i am wasting my money

yes i have 2 way components, 2 in the dash board and 2 in the doors
This is true, too loud will hurt your ears. But bass too loud will hurt your ears too so you not gonna get bass? The key is tuning. You can amp your speakers so they sound crisp and clean, but you don't have to run them at max power. I guarantee you that if you don't amp your front speakers, your bass is gonna overpower whatever mids/highs you might have. Just amp them, get em sounding good, and balance it so the niether the bass nor the mids/highs overpower another. You can accomplish this with the fader setting on your deck, I wouldn't mess with the gains to accomplish this because thats not what the gain is for, there is an optimal setting for the gain and once you get it there, leave it, play with the fader instead.
Old 07-24-2002, 05:53 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

is the price(300-350)for MRD 500 worth it? it is Alpine's new class D amp which is very efficient i guess.
I think thats a damn good price considering the industry standard is about $1 per watt for a good amp. You are gonna be getting 500 watts continuous, 900 max, damn good bro.
Old 07-24-2002, 05:56 AM
steveng

thanx bro
Old 07-24-2002, 01:00 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help me out

Originally posted by 94uhkord

dude, you're giving me a headache. I left the forum for a little bit hoping you'd get over yourself but I see that's not possible. And as for your "parents" statement, :tfg: Grow up dude.
dude... chill... i said i was just ****ing with you.. jeez
Old 07-24-2002, 04:17 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help me out

Originally posted by /^Blackmagik^\

dude... chill... i said i was just ****ing with you.. jeez
**extends a hand to blackmagik** its cool bro.

Quick Reply: Help me out