Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Caught some F**kers trying to jack my car

Old 07-22-2002, 04:28 AM
civickid77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caught some F**kers trying to jack my car

I was at my girls house late over the weekend and apparently some f**kers tried to jack my car or some stuff from it. I know this because the neighbor from up the block went out cause she heard something b/c she thought it was her husband. She saw some people had blocked in my car and when they saw here they jumped in theirs and took off. I know in the past 2 weeks a car was broken into right around where my car was. Anyway I have an Avital alarm with a front hood switch. The Alare goes off when the trunk or hood is popped while itis armed. Today i put a backup battery and a mini pizo siren inside the car. Is there anything else that i could do to make it a little more theft inaccessable?
Old 07-22-2002, 06:15 AM

shave the handles/keyholes and install bullet proof glass
Old 07-22-2002, 06:29 AM
dlh1999
Runs with scissors.

Too bad you can't run some heavy current through the metal of your car when the alarm is armed...

But anyway shaving the handles and keyholes is good, and it looks kinda cool, but just keep in mind that you'd want a hidden door release as a safety backup if the remote fails, and there's only so many places you could put it...
Old 07-22-2002, 07:15 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

Originally posted by nú¢¡ví¢
shave the handles/keyholes and install bullet proof glass
in my friend s car they pryed the window out and opened the car from the inside... shaved handled or not he was lucky they didn't take it
Old 07-22-2002, 07:43 AM

Originally posted by dlh1999
Too bad you can't run some heavy current through the metal of your car when the alarm is armed...

But anyway shaving the handles and keyholes is good, and it looks kinda cool, but just keep in mind that you'd want a hidden door release as a safety backup if the remote fails, and there's only so many places you could put it...
na, you put an extra battery on the uder carriage somewhere, because if someone sees you hitting the button to open it, theres no point in shaving it

EDIT: oh, incase the REMOTE DOESNT WERK, :doh:
Old 07-22-2002, 12:25 PM
97teg

Hide the siren and the brain very well so it is hard to locate if it goes off. The install is jsut as important as the alarm. The longer they have to look for the siren the less time to do damage. But if they don't care about the alarm going off i guess it doesn't matter.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:23 PM
usnudt4

Default locking idea

Long time ago, I had a problem like yours, and installed a few solid bolt soleniods in the doors. These would send the bolt into the door and would not allow access. The only way to disarm them would be to break the glass, disassemble the door and hot wire them. Alot of work and wiring with your system.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Arfboy
Diamond Audio turns me on

Yay, let's resurrect a 2 year old thread!!
Old 11-10-2004, 05:46 PM
kill_kill_kill
it's sarcastic dude

^ sorry for contributing to redundancy

be happy you caught them. it's ****ing maddening to just not have a car the next morning.

fuel line (green-yellow) switch has worked well for me.