Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting-30/)
-   -   what's the verdict on this box? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting/10620-whats-the-verdict-on-this-box.html)

Fujiwara Takumi 07-23-2002 05:10 AM

it sounds excellent. i only have 200wattsX10" because i just wnated finished sound. i didnt want the bolts coming off this car, and i wanted to be able to remove it for racing.

now the front and sides are plywood, and the back was fiberglass i layed in on a layer of masking tape, (3 actually), after the back hardened, (i used mesh), i fiberglasses that to the front of the box, with fiberglass over the face of the wood. I ran another layer of weave around the entire thing, and then used bondo to make it fit the top and sidewalls as close as possible. (laying fiberglass vertically is pretty tough).

after taht i wrapped it in material and after some search was able to obtain all the passthrough cable support i needed with a little work and ingenuity :)

Illusion-Lighting 07-23-2002 07:01 AM

redo the carpet and this time work fronm the front to the back. you don't want to see any seams

Fujiwara Takumi 07-23-2002 09:26 AM

Originally posted by see_fu
redo the carpet and this time work fronm the front to the back. you don't want to see any seams
unfortunately there is no way to cover the box without seeming the two corners due to the angles. i did work front to back.

and when i close my hatch it wrinkles the carpet..which is gay.

99CivicHB 07-30-2002 08:27 AM

do you have any pics with the box taken off? I like it :thumbup: Nice work

Fujiwara Takumi 07-31-2002 05:05 AM

Originally posted by 99CivicHB
do you have any pics with the box taken off? I like it :thumbup: Nice work
you want pictures of my empty trunk, or of the back of my box? i can do that this weekend if not too buys, im doing new brakes, new exhaust, camber kit, and a server rack.

white lightnin 07-31-2002 09:42 AM

my friend will be making one of those for my fifth gen hatch soon once my interior is back in. His look seemless. Almost like they are supposed to be there. He is really good at that ish. Makes tons of custom enclosures.

maybe he will sell some for the hatches after he does mine.:thumbup:

Fujiwara Takumi 07-31-2002 10:08 AM

Originally posted by white lightnin
my friend will be making one of those for my fifth gen hatch soon once my interior is back in. His look seemless. Almost like they are supposed to be there. He is really good at that ish. Makes tons of custom enclosures.

maybe he will sell some for the hatches after he does mine.:thumbup:

i think when i redo it for my strut bar ill try to find some stock coloured fabric perhaps.

white lightnin 07-31-2002 11:10 AM

Wont be able to take it out to race if you have your strut bar through the middle of it.

Fujiwara Takumi 07-31-2002 11:21 AM

Originally posted by white lightnin
Wont be able to take it out to race if you have your strut bar through the middle of it.

oh... i will, i just have to figure out how. I think i may end up building a u shaped pattern into it or something of that sort. Dunno yet.

CivicPete 07-31-2002 06:43 PM

Fuji that is the **** how come i didnt see that in chicago! that is really cool ur givin me ideas... :)