Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Hooking up subs to stock head-unit...Help!

Old 10-22-2003, 09:00 PM
ChillOutWayne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooking up subs to stock head-unit...Help!

Ok heres the deal, i got a 94 GSR with the stock tape player with additional seperate stock Acura CD player also (no, i didnt pay the 460 for it, the woman before me did) anyway i got a kenwood excelon sub, standard wiring including power, preouts ect... and i got a Infinity Beta Digital 1000watt amp...now i wanna hook all this crap up without buying an aftermarket headunit, keeping in mind of course im not looking for a serious loud system, just something to bring in some decent bass...now, for the question, what exactly do i need as far as wiring addition ect. to wire up the amp and so on. I wanna do this as soon as possible with lowest cost....thanx in advance and thanx for reading!
Old 10-23-2003, 08:05 AM
ChillOutWayne

no one?
Old 10-23-2003, 05:17 PM
97teg

Does the amp have high level inputs? If not youll need a low level converter that you can probably get form any car stereo store or online. Either way i think youll have to take the wire off the rears and run it to the amp or converter, so youll loose the rear speakers if im not mistaken.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:59 PM
Spyfunkr

Obviously this isnt the way to go, but you can tap the line-out converter from a pair of speakers and not disconnect the speakers. But again, I dont recommend it.

Dont go cheap on the converter.---and dont be surprised when you get the whine-from-hell engine noise.

-Spy