Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Integra CD player problems

Old 10-22-2003, 10:30 AM
sab1970

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra CD player problems

Hi - I have a 2000 Integra. Love the car and it hasn't given me any problems - until recently. My CD player has started acting up over the last couple thousand miles (I'm at 47,000). Sometimes it works fine, others it doesn't. Sometimes it won't play at all.

It seems to do this when it's either very hot out or when the car gets really warm (heater on). Anyone know anything about this? My warrantly runs out at 50,000 and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Thanks
Old 10-22-2003, 04:20 PM
vtecadil

my civic does this too, its a 00 EX, honda dealer said its an internal problem, just ditch it and get an aftermarket cheaper and better quality.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:14 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

you'll have a hard time getting acura to fix it or replace it... I tried many times with my CL and they never did a thing about it.

I'm guessing the problem you're running into is: you'll insert a CD, and a few seconds later the display says "PE-0".

It is an internal problem in the cd player, it has to do with the spindle motor (the one that turns the CD).

I'll take it off your hands if you decide to go aftermarket!
Old 10-24-2003, 08:48 AM
vtecadil

mine says E-00 and spits the cd back out.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:54 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Originally posted by vtecadil
mine says E-00 and spits the cd back out.
The older panasonic decks in the integras and cls will display different error messages than a newer pioneer like the one in your civic. Look in your owners manual to see what your error message means, it could actually be something as simple as it needing to be cleaned.

In the Integras, the spindle motor gets weak and cannot start the cd anymore, so it displays the "PE-0" error message and acura dosent do a damn thing about it, they'll just tell you they cant replicate the problem.
Old 10-26-2003, 08:51 PM
vtecadil

hmm, it just says that the cd cannnot play, and doesnt give much info, what should i use/do to clean it? cfause it works every now and then
Old 10-26-2003, 11:37 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

you can try a readily available cd lens cleaner... its basically a CD with a small brush on it to clean the lens.

Being dirty wont really cause an intermitent problem though, if its dirty it would skip a lot and the problem would be consistent, not just once in a while. It sounds like the cd motor is bad in yours as well... If you want me to take a look at it, pull it out and send it to me... i can fix it.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:42 AM
vtecadil

oh really, thats cool, ive actually got an alpine i need to put in, how do i go about pulling the cd player out and putting the new headunit in, its really different than it was on my altima and i see two scrrews that dont go anywhere near the headunit. i may need the stocker fixed incase i decide to sell the civic later u know.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:25 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

underneath that part of the dash, where the radio is located, there should be a panel that needs to be removed... its been a while since I was inside a civic dash, so Im not totally sure. Inside the dash, there is 4 bolts that hold a metal bracket attached to the back side of the climate control/radio panel in place... remove the bolts and the assembly should come out... just dont yank too hard so you dont damage the wirring. The stock deck is attached to that metal bracket with screws on the sides... remove them and the deck will come right out. Your Alpine unit should attach to that bracket the same way the stock deck was.

If you want me to look at your stock deck, let me know, I wont charge you anything, you'll just have to pay for shipping.