Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Fiberglassing box

Old 10-12-2003, 01:49 AM
Falkon
still alive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiberglassing box

Is it effective to fiberglass part of a sub box if you were to put it in a spare tire well or something. My friend did it in his 300ZX and it's sounding very good with no rattles or movement. I was thinking of doing this in my Del Sol, molding the fiberglass around to replace the storage bins.

Also while I'm on it, does anyone have an opinion on MB Quart speakers? I'm looking into the Discus or P series components as they have frequency ranges of 40-32000hz. That's a much larger range than my infinities. I'd also need a better 4chan amp to run them. What company makes the best 4-chans that aren't going to break the bank? I'm not talking 70 bucks, but I'm also saying under 300 bucks or so.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:02 AM
XSrcing

32 khz is pointless. you cant hear much above 20 khz.
Old 10-12-2003, 03:09 PM
Falkon
still alive

what about 40hz? that's much lower than my infinities.
Old 10-12-2003, 03:18 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

effective?? what do you mean? Fiberglass is used when you want a custom shape box, or to finish it off and make it look pretty... dosent really have much to do with rattles.

MB Quart speakers are very bright sounding... usually too much for most people... if you have infinitys now, stick with them i'd say. Frequency response is the wrong way to choose a set of speakers... listen to them to determine which you like... dont always go by specs.

The Profile Clarus or California series amps are actually excelent amplifiers for the money. They give you a ton of clean power for a very reasonable price. Cant beat their warranty either, most companies only offer 1 year now. I personally like how simple looking the california amps are.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Falkon
still alive

I just want an amp worthy enough to run my 4 speakers. I really don't want an amp that isn't going to be very clear.

As for the speakers, I want some component speakers that push a lot of midrange and good trebel. Any suggestions?
Old 10-13-2003, 03:56 PM
XSrcing

which infinities do you have? i have REF5000C's in my front doors and they sound amazing.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:03 PM
Falkon
still alive

I have full range reference right now. I'm either upgrading to MB Quart component or Infinity Kappa component.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:51 PM
97teg

A fiberglass box will work fine as long as you make sure the air space is right of whatever speaker you putting in and there are enough layers on it so it won't flex.