Notices

Cleaning EGR lines on 95 Accord??

Old 03-13-2011, 03:44 PM
sfilion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning EGR lines on 95 Accord??

Hello, My check engine light came on about a month ago so I took off my EGR valve and cleaned it real good. The light came back on when I hit about 70 miles. I took it to my mechanic and he said the EGR lines need to be cleaned. He said it is a 3 hr job and will cost me $195. Has anyone cleaned these lines before and can tell me how difficult a job it is and how to do it? Thank you, Scott

I think i just need to clean the egr ports from reading further on this site. I have a 95 Accord V6 EX but can't find step by step instructions on how to do that for my particular model. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Scott

Last edited by sfilion; 03-13-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:39 AM
cruzalekz

insufficient flow or no flow? which one is the code? is this vacuum applied or solenoid? clean the ports with a coat hanger and a carb cleaner. but you should determine first if the valve itself is working or not before u clean the pipes/ports
Old 04-17-2011, 08:01 PM
robbiebravo50

Hi! sfilion...I have 4 Hondas in my family (me and 3-boys) 91 thru 94's First Ive found that the O2senser is the most
common problem.(before catylitic) and easy check engine light analaysist will confirm this. On my older hondas WITH over 150,000 miles on them..... Yes ive cleaned the egr valve ports....I quit doing it...very time consuming and found a mech for $100 that
does it. I suggest U shop around for a cheaper mechix its not a techie job