Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Accord (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/accord-5/)
-   -   Blue Job Pics Inside!!! (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/accord/69567-blue-job-pics-inside.html)

vtecinside 05-14-2003 09:40 AM

Blue Job Pics Inside!!!

1 Attachment(s)
HAHAHAHHA.

anyhoo, I got tired of looking at my overly blued stainless steel headers. so when I was in the harley shop I bought something called Blue Job. Its easy to use and I think its works well, but as soon as you start the car up it will start to yellow and blue again. But if you show your car it ain't bad.

Pics to follow

vtecinside 05-14-2003 09:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
before:

vtecinside 05-14-2003 09:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
after:

vtecinside 05-14-2003 09:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
gratuitous engine bay shot:

randomtask77 05-14-2003 09:59 AM

I wish that stuff could remove the purplish haze on my greddy header. :(

vtecinside 05-14-2003 11:16 AM

Originally posted by randomtask77
I wish that stuff could remove the purplish haze on my greddy header. :(
Look closer at the pics, it will remove it. (its a greddy header)

dantastic 05-14-2003 11:24 AM

hmm... my greddy header has spotty discoloration too... gotta try that stuff...

importvizion 05-14-2003 11:29 AM

5th gen EX wit a greddy header and iceman intake.....didn't know ppl still hav icemans on their car since everyones goin AEM kraze..... :eek:

vtecinside 05-14-2003 11:30 AM

Originally posted by importvizion
5th gen EX wit a greddy header and iceman intake.....didn't know ppl still hav icemans on their car since everyones goin AEM kraze..... :eek:

Never got on the craze. Iceman for the past 4 years and 65k miles. Same for DC sports vs Greddy...

importvizion 05-14-2003 11:37 AM

Originally posted by vtecinside

Never got on the craze. Iceman for the past 4 years and 65k miles. Same for DC sports vs Greddy...

Ofcourse greddy :p

Nightshade 05-14-2003 11:42 AM

Noel got a blue job at the Harley store.

I always knew there was something odd about you Noel:p

Looks good I am gonna have to check that stuff out, for 10 bucks not a bad deal.

How much does it take per application? Or maybe how many applications to the container would be a better question.

randomtask77 05-14-2003 12:00 PM

Look closer at the pics, it will remove it. (its a greddy header)
I have bad eyes. But that's sweet. Any other place where I could get this stuff?

vtecinside 05-14-2003 12:52 PM

I did only the top part of my header (its a two piece( because that's all you can see and cuz I ain't jacking the car up to do it. So I think you could polish your headers about 5-7 times if you do it the way I did it. But don't forget it will start to blue once you start to run the car again....

Its pretty easy to use. You take a cloth, moisten it and dab it into the can, make a thick paste (if you have a lot of "blue") or a thin paste (if your just polishing), and then start to rub the discolored areas. Use a decent amount of pressure, cuz it ain't that easy. Then wipe it off and polsih with a clean dry rag...

here's an online distributor:

http://bluejob.shop-utopia.com/

vtecinside 05-14-2003 12:54 PM

Originally posted by Nightshade
Nick got a blue job at the Harley store.

I always knew there was something odd about you Nick:p

Looks good I am gonna have to check that stuff out, for 10 bucks not a bad deal.

How much does it take per application? Or maybe how many applications to the container would be a better question.

Who's Nick?

noel

randomtask77 05-14-2003 12:55 PM

I did only the top part of my header (its a two piece( because that's all you can see and cuz I ain't jacking the car up to do it. So I think you could polish your headers about 5-7 times if you do it the way I did it. But don't forget it will start to blue once you start to run the car again....

Its pretty easy to use. You take a cloth, moisten it and dab it into the can, make a thick paste (if you have a lot of "blue") or a thin paste (if your just polishing), and then start to rub the discolored areas. Use a decent amount of pressure, cuz it ain't that easy. Then wipe it off and polsih with a clean dry rag...

here's an online distributor:

http://bluejob.shop-utopia.com/

I don't get it. What's the point of polishing out the blue/purple if it's just gonna turn blue/purple again? Or will it just be an even blue throughout the header? I just want the header to be one color rather than three... :(

Nightshade 05-14-2003 12:55 PM

Dammit I swear I can't remember names anymore:(

Must be getting old:(:(

vtecinside 05-14-2003 01:03 PM

Originally posted by randomtask77
I don't get it. What's the point of polishing out the blue/purple if it's just gonna turn blue/purple again? Or will it just be an even blue throughout the header? I just want the header to be one color rather than three... :(
Like I said its really if you show your motor. you could do it at a show and make it better looking...

It may blue more evenly...I'll let you know.

If you do it with each car wash, it takes less material to get the same look and it will be easier to keep it looking good longer...

but like i said purely for show...

99accord 05-19-2003 12:42 PM

thank's for the tip...

decibel_dj 05-19-2003 12:58 PM

will it work on rims:confused:

vtecinside 05-19-2003 03:02 PM

i wouldn't touch my rims with it. I doubt its clearcoat friendly....