Notices

02 Accord Tranny slipping (urgent?)

Old 11-24-2009, 06:19 PM
themonsteraria
Boats n hoes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 02 Accord Tranny slipping (urgent?)

Hello all.
I have an 02 Accord SE with 120,000 on it, and the automatic transmission is slipping.
I had the scheduled tranny fluid flush at 90,000 at a Honda dealer, I don't drive the car hard, so I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about this.
Basically, if you slow down, and then go to speed back up (going around a turn) then when the car goes to get back in gear for the acceleration, it feels like it's hitting the gear hard, and the whole car jerks. I assume this is what they call "slipping".
I've read that changing an auto transmissions fluid after it starts slipping can be a bad thing. Any opinions on the subject? Solutions?

I'm taking the car to the Honda dealer tomorrow, to see what they say, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix this, or what to tell the Honda dealer to look for.

I work on manual transmissions all the time, but I've never even touched an automatic, so automatics are a totally different world to me... :shrug:

Any help is welcome. I have the appointment tomorrow, so I guess it's a little urgent.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:20 AM
themonsteraria
Boats n hoes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, just an update.
First of all, thanks for all the help everyone. :angry:

Honda dealer said the pressure lines in the tranny were bad, and the torque converter was fried. I ditched the car and bought an 09 Accord EX-L.