Notices

odometer and clock lights not working

Old 01-27-2003, 12:18 PM
smash!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default odometer and clock lights not working

I have a 98 Accord LX 2.3L with odometer and clock backlite lights not working. I've check the fuse and they're normal. This is a bother and since the wife is driving I need this fix ASAP. What can I do to fix the problem?
Old 01-27-2003, 01:00 PM
gibson
Bambi Killer

hmmm... my odometer light works, but my clock light doesn't... let me know if you figure this out. I've been to lazy to track it down.
Old 01-27-2003, 01:04 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's just a lightbulb that needs to be replaced...they cost about $2 at the dealership. Mine blew in my old Accord. A technician installed it for me for free in about 2 mins.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:24 PM
Sham

I once blew the radio/clock fuse when working on my radio. The clock was dim, and the radio need the code everytime I started the car. Blown fuse was the problem (thank god!)
Old 01-27-2003, 04:36 PM
ShAg9yBrDr

the bulb for the clock is only $2 at the dealership its real easy to put in and if you really dont want to, im sure the dealership will for ya at no cost. the bulbs behind the odo are 194 bulbs, you just take out the whole cluster as if you were doing indiglo gauges except you dont need to get to the front of the thing to the actual gauges. once you get the cluster out you should be able to see where the bulbs go, the just half screw to unscrew, pull out, pull out the bulb and pull ne new one in... i did this a littlw while back when a friend of mine had some colored 194s and we wanted to see if i could change the color behind the ODO. color has since faded to green but its ok, it does the job.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:47 AM
smash!

Where can I get some aftermarket LEDs? I called Majestic Honda and the shipping would cost more than the lights themselves. And just to confirm, the odometer lights is 194 bulb and the clock light is 3mm?
Old 01-29-2003, 12:00 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by smash!
Where can I get some aftermarket LEDs? I called Majestic Honda and the shipping would cost more than the lights themselves. And just to confirm, the odometer lights is 194 bulb and the clock light is 3mm?
Just get em at the damn dealership bro
Old 01-31-2003, 04:31 PM
smash!

I would except I called them and he ask me to yank it out of my car in order for him to see which it is! So much for asking him to LOOK IT UP in his manual. Does anyone know what the specs are for these bulbs? Is it 74 size for odometer and 3mm for the clock? I'm probably going to just yank them out for the dealer so I can replace them and get it over with.
Old 01-31-2003, 04:55 PM
ShAg9yBrDr

its a 194!!!! yes 3mm for the clock just go to any auto shop and they will have these bulbs, about $2 a pair, if that. end of story, hell if you really want you can get them in red or blue as well. they are the same bulbs that are in your door lights too, when you open the door they go on. and your map lights.
Old 04-24-2004, 12:53 PM
red99

These bulbs are pretty much only honda store bulbs, as I tried several auto stores.
And the clock bulbs are $4.84 at Honda, and I still need the odometer bulb. And they
are NOT the same as your door or map lights. Other dash lights may be but these are
NOT. Be careful of what you buy. The clock is removed easily and the bulb has a
gray, or blue, or black base and is really tiny and in the corner of the clock assembly.
Has a screw type head and you use a screwdriver to remove it gently by turning about one-third turn. Now take this bulb to the honda store and say "I want this"!
Try it, and you know your circuit is good and now go for the odometer light!

thanks, red the maniac mechanic