Notices

Tanabe sustec/Apex-i WS/Teins

Old 06-17-2002, 06:42 PM
Nity4Accord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tanabe sustec/Apex-i WS/Teins

I just got a quote from someone on the Tanabe sustec SO for about $800 w/o pillar mount. I know the Apex-i ones ride good and they also don't come with upper mounts. Now the WS costs around $850 shipped so I wanna know which one would you guys pick?? Apex-i WS over Tanabe sustec? Or has anyone had any experience with the Sustec? I found this from another thread about the Apex-i's WS: "you have to wire tie the brake line hose to the spring...thats the only bad thing". I was thinking if the Apex-i WS has that problem and the local shop might mess up the brake line, then I might as well go with Tanabe sustec. But I don't even know if the Tanabe sustec has that problem too.

Now I've heard nothing bad about Tein at all. They are the most popular kit used by the Japaness street tuners now. I guess that's why the price for Teins are now more expensive than the rest full coilover systems, and the other full coilovers had a little price drop. Are these near stock ride when lowered? Or do they feel stiffer with control like race cars? These will cost me around $950 if I get them though.

I am looking for something near stock ride when lowered about 3" on my stock EX rims to minimize the wheel gap. What do you guys think?

1. Tanabe sustec SO: ~$810 shipped. Not much info on these.

2. Apex-i WS: ~$850 shipped. Everyone recommands these for comfort near stock ride, but my only concerned is that my local shop will mess up the brake line.

3. Tein Type-HA: ~$950 shipped. 16-way adjusted. Most trust-worthy but costs the most too. Every penny counts in my pocket for the suspension. But with these dropped I probably don't have worry about the handling during winter too. But definitely stiffer than stock, lose the ride on these.

What do you guys think?? Let me know.
Old 06-17-2002, 07:42 PM
SweetAccord

Teins are ride adjustable, so you can get it to stock confort or at least very close to it.
:thumbup:
Old 06-17-2002, 08:01 PM
RKV

i've never been in a car with the teins... but my friend was planning to get them, i think his was for performance purposes rather(supra)... all i kno is the Apexi WS, is very very trustworthy... friend dropped the car 3 inches maybe like 3.25, and it is 99.9% stock ride, i feel like 1 bouncy feeling for every like 5 mins... i forget his suspension is tuned, until i walk outside his car, and see the thing practically slammed... goes over bumps very well... so dont be shy to get them... i wish i felt the teins tho...
Old 06-17-2002, 08:23 PM
PeaceOut
Old ass Member

tein's are very nice...i have my settings kinda high and they handle like a god...i'm so happy with mine...i recommend anyone to get them and it's not all that pricey for what you get.

i never tried setting them really soft cus i got a kit on my car and with it lowered also i'm afraid it's gonna statter my kit when i go over one those bumps here on the 57fwy.

but get them if you want a really solid setup, it's only 150ish more
just my opinion.

peace,

got Tein? :thumbup: h:

Last edited by PeaceOut; 06-17-2002 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-17-2002, 09:20 PM
XxRONNxX
MUGEN Whore!!

I have Tanabe Sustecs and the ride sucks ass. Very hard and very harsh. However, my car handles turns like a champ.
Old 06-17-2002, 09:58 PM
Nity4Accord

Originally posted by XxRONNxX
I have Tanabe Sustecs and the ride sucks ass. Very hard and very harsh. However, my car handles turns like a champ.
Do you have the type SO or SS...etc...? How low did you set them and are those adjustable?
Old 06-17-2002, 10:02 PM
Nity4Accord

Thanks guys for your opinions...it seems like it's been Tein thus far... Maybe Tanabe sustecs just don't have the ride. Apex-i's got the ride, but Teins handle better. Keep in mind that I have an auto... does that make you guys lean towards the Apex-i's WS more? Please, please...eager to know
Old 06-18-2002, 06:51 AM
SweetAccord

Originally posted by Nity4Accord
Thanks guys for your opinions...it seems like it's been Tein thus far... Maybe Tanabe sustecs just don't have the ride. Apex-i's got the ride, but Teins handle better. Keep in mind that I have an auto... does that make you guys lean towards the Apex-i's WS more? Please, please...eager to know
Well...since people says WS is very close to stock ride, and if you want to save $100 and you don't think you will ever adjust the ride quaity of the coilovers then go for the WS. But I'm still going for Teins (but it's SS not HA), it's cuz I have them on my car and I like them a lot.:thumbup:
Old 06-18-2002, 09:25 AM
Nity4Accord

Originally posted by SweetAccord
Well...since people says WS is very close to stock ride, and if you want to save $100 and you don't think you will ever adjust the ride quaity of the coilovers then go for the WS. But I'm still going for Teins (but it's SS not HA), it's cuz I have them on my car and I like them a lot.:thumbup:
How long have you had the Tein SS on? Not many places have them, most places carry HA for Accords. How's the ride?? I think SS is closer to street...let me know.

btw...how much u got urs for?
Old 06-18-2002, 02:58 PM
SweetAccord

Originally posted by Nity4Accord

How long have you had the Tein SS on? Not many places have them, most places carry HA for Accords. How's the ride?? I think SS is closer to street...let me know.

btw...how much u got urs for?
I have them on since March. SS is made for the 6th gen accords. The HA that you are looking for is for your gen accords. I really like the ride in it, couldn't tell the difference from it to stock after I set it the way I wanted, except for going over big dips and bumps (haven't done that since I got 18's now). Front is still stiff, and I never changed that after it was installed, but I soften the back up a little cuz people complained it was too bumpy.

EliteAccord got it for me for $900 but I can get it $930 shipped, it was in the groupbuy.

Last edited by SweetAccord; 06-18-2002 at 03:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Tanabe sustec/Apex-i WS/Teins