Notices

A/C Clutch Fuse Keeps Blowing

Old 07-16-2007, 08:55 AM
hashman007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, after cleaning out the relay connections(readded the grease for water protection) and diode, and all other electrical parts, it still blew the a/c clutch fuse. I decided to take the compressor off and got it checked at autozone. They ran a current draw the clutch coil and it was pulling too much amps than normal i.e. the fuse keeps blowing. Since the compressor has like 188k miles on it...I will just replace it. Hondaautomotiveparts.com has one for $250. Would any of you recommend other places you may have shopped at for good a/c parts?
Old 08-07-2007, 01:19 PM
hashman007

Welp,

I have replaced numerous parts..new compressor, new o-rings, new drier. New compressor hoses and flushed the a/c system.

Two questions I have now:

How much total oil does the a/c system need?

Vacuum tests were successful The low side holds 30hg in vacuum overnite. The high side also was pulled in vacuum. But when i close the knobs on the gauge, after maybe a few hours the high side gauge has gone back to zero. Is this ok? The low side has stayed in vacuum even though the high side went back to zero.

Please let me know

Car: 1992 Honda Accord LX
Old 08-09-2007, 09:57 PM
hashman007

Success! I have fixed my vacuum problem. It turned out one of the pipe connections under the battery tray wasn't tightened properly. I was able to figure this out by charging up the system with one can of ES-12A refrigerant. Made a subtle hissing sound....Tightened up the connection and vacuum finally held. Re-ran the vacuum on the system for 4 hours almost and everything was looking good. Put the proper charge into the system and the vent temperatures are about 43F! Finally nice cold air in the Honda.....really really needed in this sweltering Texas heat. If anyone ever needs any help with a/c issues ping me! I'm not a true expert but have learned alot from this experience.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:07 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hashman007
Success! I have fixed my vacuum problem. It turned out one of the pipe connections under the battery tray wasn't tightened properly. I was able to figure this out by charging up the system with one can of ES-12A refrigerant. Made a subtle hissing sound....Tightened up the connection and vacuum finally held. Re-ran the vacuum on the system for 4 hours almost and everything was looking good. Put the proper charge into the system and the vent temperatures are about 43F! Finally nice cold air in the Honda.....really really needed in this sweltering Texas heat. If anyone ever needs any help with a/c issues ping me! I'm not a true expert but have learned alot from this experience.
your vent temp is kinda high we usally get a vent temp of 30-37 on these systems unless it's hot outside... A/c systems can be pain to work on just make sure you put the stickers to let other know you have ES-12a refrigerant in the system as if someone didn't know and recovered that stuff it would contamanate their $1,000 bottle of R12.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:25 AM
Djpoint

Default 93 honda accord lx 7.5 amp a/c clutch fuse keeps blowing

Originally Posted by hashman007
Hey All!

I have searched the forms and was not able to find anything specific on this issue.

My A/C Clutch fuse keeps blowing after a couple of minutes of running the a/c system. The clutch engages..and I can see the refrigerant running through the sight glass. Normally, I usually hear the compressor cycling on and off at this point but it does not not. Any idea what can be causing the the a/c clutch fuse to blow?

Let me know =)
replaced relay. Still blowing after awhile of use