Notices

Accord 3.0 V6 '99 - looking for tuning parts in US

Old 05-15-2006, 10:42 AM
nickPL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accord 3.0 V6 '99 - looking for tuning parts in US

Hi
I've been looking for shops in the US offering tuning parts for my accord coupe 3.0 V6. Its rather difficult to find some in Poland (the car isn't very popular and the parts if found are quite expensive). I'd appreciate reply from user of that model od Honda and so links to checked companies selling car parts abroad.
I'm currently planning to change suspension of my honda - its soft like hell....
Thanks in advance
Martin

This is my car - 100% STOCK

Old 05-17-2006, 10:40 AM
illusion

Depends on how much you are willing to spend and whether yout want quality or not.

For quality look no further than Comptech. Intake, exhaust, headers, suspension, all sorts of goodness. http://www.comptechusa.com/

The best bang for the buck are cheap headers such as OBX and Megan racing. If I had to choose between the two I'd go with the Megan headers. Look around on ebay for them, you should be able to find them for pretty cheap. These will significantly increase both torque and HP, the only bolt on mod that is easily discernable with the trusty butt dyno.

AEM intake or other decent brand intake have decent gains and add a nice sound.

Exhausts are subjective, what hp they gain, you'll lose in tq. The stock exhaust isn't horrid until you go to forced induction, but personally I'm a big fan of the comptech axlebacks.

Lightweight pulleys are a great torque gain, unorthodox are a good a good choice.

There are numerous suspension upgrades, but this is more to personal taste. I don't like low and I don't really like terribly stiff on the road either. Right now I have JIC FLTA2s at their highest setting(1/2" drop) and the front is as soft as I can set it with the rear two clicks from softest(to help with squatting). I tried several different setups on my accord V6, groud control sleeves with tokico illuminas, comptech springs with stock dampers, Tein SS coils. The Tein were by far the best I could recommend. Great for daily driving, with the ability to stomp some ass just a few clicks away. Sway bars are a must, I'm a little biased towards the comptech, but that's me.

Other interesting upgrades to search for, Unichip, comptech supercharger, CL-S cam swap. All kinds of goodness.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:26 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

www.tirerack.com

should be willing to ship to the UK for you...

Search under Accord Coupe EX V6 the parts should all fit your car for the suspension.

Comptechusa.com as others have said for engine tuning...
Old 05-17-2006, 07:09 PM
phat99accord
BMW Tech

czescz marcin:wavey:

like already stated comptech is good for v6's

suspension neuspeed/h&r is nice for the 6th gen which might be fairly easy 2 get there