Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Accord (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/accord-5/)
-   -   Yay i got screwed over. (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/accord/219074-yay-i-got-screwed-over.html)

magnanpi 01-02-2006 07:58 AM

Yay i got screwed over.

I just dropped my car off at Midas....94 Accord EX

Front and rear pads and rotors.... $755

But hey its better than my local Honda dealership who lied to me...

Said the bearings were pressed onto the rotors....not the hubs...meaning theyd have to change all 4 bearing on the front. For front brakes only, they quoted me at $900 :eek: :eek:

So compared to that i got a good deal :) ....damn you Honda and your hub over rotors!! :mad: :mad:

skabone69 01-02-2006 08:34 AM

damm you got rapped, did they at least give you a complimentary tube of KY jelly?

flyromeo3 01-02-2006 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by magnanpi
I just dropped my car off at Midas....94 Accord EX

Front and rear pads and rotors.... $755

But hey its better than my local Honda dealership who lied to me...

Said the bearings were pressed onto the rotors....not the hubs...meaning theyd have to change all 4 bearing on the front. For front brakes only, they quoted me at $900 :eek: :eek:

So compared to that i got a good deal :) ....damn you Honda and your hub over rotors!! :mad: :mad:

Im not sure whats funnier.

a). The fact you think you got a great price
or
b). The fact that you are being raped in the butt with some vasoline lotion.

I bought those brembo cross/slotted rotors a few yrs ago with the pads of course and I was only charged 100 bucks for the installation.
The parts cost me 280.00 from one of our dealers.

So I paid 380.00 to get the job done. so your paying at least 50% more than what I paid.

magnanpi 01-02-2006 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
Im not sure whats funnier.

a). The fact you think you got a great price
or
b). The fact that you are being raped in the butt with some vasoline lotion.

I bought those brembo cross/slotted rotors a few yrs ago with the pads of course and I was only charged 100 bucks for the installation.
The parts cost me 280.00 from one of our dealers.

So I paid 380.00 to get the job done. so your paying at least 50% more than what I paid.

Yah true...but your front rotors arent pressed on....

To get my rotors off they have to take off the axle, suspension and take the hub off...its alot of labor

They fixed it in the CL's and the 6th Gens...but not the 5th gen's

flyromeo3 01-02-2006 08:58 AM

To get my rotors off they have to take off the axle, suspension and take the hub off...its alot of labor

Ohhhh.........I didnt read carefully to see that they are pressed in. didnt know that.

Is that an expensive job? normally?

hitman619 01-02-2006 09:11 AM

They fixed it in the CL's and the 6th Gens...but not the 5th gen's

true!!! true!!!! what the hell was honda thinking???????? but they still got over on you!!!!!! no mechcanics were you live??????

jschmid 01-02-2006 10:06 AM

Seriously...such a horrible design. So glad that was changed with the 6th gens.

badtameezboy 01-02-2006 01:21 PM

Ouch...800 bones for a damn brake job. You can buy a car for that much. Sorry to hear that bro....

93EXaccord 01-02-2006 03:25 PM

i would have paid that, rather than go through the trouble of doing mine myself. I love the brembo's but damn that was not worth the trouble.

strykernyc 01-02-2006 04:48 PM

i am sorry and sad to hear. you have to look around first and also search here before u take ur car anywhere.
i have a 96 accord and the front rotors are the same but everyshop around here charge $170 to do the front brakes or u can take it off ur self and take it to a mechine shop they will charge $30 to get them back on. $30 is what midas wasted to get ur rotors back in. and i hear somewhere here n han that there is a new tool that make the job easier.