Notices

Help!!!

Old 10-27-2017, 12:36 AM
Bobeeker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!

I have a 94 accord. Been a gr8 car. I've had absolutely no trouble with it in the two yrs I've owned it. But recently after short drives it wouldn't start back up right away on occasion. I would have to sit there for maybe 5 mins and it would fire rite up. Now it's even worse. It will run great for a couple of miles then suddenly die. I have to let it set for 30 mins to an hr before it will start. And then i can drive a few blocks and it dies. Have to let it set even longer. Plenty of fuel but no spark until things cool off. No obvious signs of burnt components in ecu or distributor. Any ideas?
Thanks

Last edited by Bobeeker; 10-27-2017 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Misspelled word
Old 11-07-2017, 01:08 PM
ChrisS

Look at:
Main relay
Ignition switch
Grounds (negative battery terminal, body, transmission, body to valve cover, thermostat housing) are clean and tight. Maybe, look at negative battery cable itself.

Take care,
ChrisS
Old 11-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Bobeeker

Thanks Chris. The problem was something in the distributor getting hot. I changed the whole distributor and problem solved.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:52 AM
Vigor POS

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place to post but if someone can help that would be awesome!

I am trying to help my brother who has a 1993 Vigor.

It has issues explained below.

#1 - When starting it takes 3-4 cranks to get it to fire.
#2 - Once it starts is runs rough (loping is what I have heard it called). Once it warms up it idles smoothly.
#3 - THE BIGGEST problem. It randomly stalls, usually at a stop sign/light and will not restart until many hours later.

Fuel is getting through, it has spark. What could it be? I suspect maybe the idle air control valve, but not sure. Any ideas?

I see above a similar problem that was fixed by replacing the distributor cap. And, as stated, it is a pain to get to. From diagrams I have seen it looks like there are three bolts on it, the top two are fairly easy to get to. Is there a third, and does anyone have a midget I could borrow to get in there to break it loose? I's right against the firewall.

This is probably one of the worst designed cars ever.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know. You can email me directly if you like at mark@chameleonprintsit.com

Thanks, hope someone has a clue as to what is causing these issues.

Last edited by Vigor POS; 11-18-2017 at 10:01 AM.