Notices

Need help getting my car to blow heat

Old 11-03-2017, 02:48 PM
silverdragon76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help getting my car to blow heat

Hi everyone, I have a 98 accord LX manual transmission. My car has about 210k miles on it. It drives like a champ despite the miles.
Anyway, at the beginning of summer here in NC the humidity is unreal and takes a few minutes to get the car cold. Now that summer is coming to an end, we had a cool spell and I tried to warm up by turning the heat in the middle, kind of like a a shower knob to change temps. Well the air temp never changed, it stayed cold. So, after weeks of studying and reading up, this seems to be a common problem to the 6th gen Hondas, especially the climate control lights not working, then that fixed the problem once all the lights lit up. Not all of my lights work on my climate control, and it's extremely hard to find climate control units in salvage yards. One of them near me yank them out and keep them locked up because that's usually the first thing to get yanked.
Well my climate control has been working just fine despite all the lights not coming on. My car got wrecked in the front, so I changed the radiator out. What I've done so far:
Radiator replacement.
Turned the control from cold to hot, no change and didn't hear an actuator noise, some say it clicks if it's bad.
Felt the hot and cold temps in and out of radiator, hot and cooler respectively.
Looked at what appears to be linkage from what looks to be the heater control valve; it doesn't seem to move when I change from hot to cold; bad actuator maybe??
I'm hoping someone can please help me. The inlet/outlet to the heater core are tough to get to so I haven't flushed the heater core yet.