Notices

99 Accord No 1st gear

Old 03-05-2017, 05:24 AM
Markoftexas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Accord No 1st gear

Good Morning gents. I rebuilt my 99 Accord BAXA trans. New clutches, torque converter, translab shift kit and new seals and gaskets. All went well with a couple of short test drives. Then the fun started! I noticed a short delay engaging into 1st gear and down shifting from 2nd down to 1st. the Lag continued to get longer until I have no 1st gear engagement at all. I can place the shifter into second gear and it will engage and shift into 3rd etc. Reverse also engages without any lag. I have no trouble codes. My thought is a shift solenoid failure and need advice which solenoid could be the issueThank you in advance, Mark
Old 03-06-2017, 08:35 PM
ChrisS

Poking around with google search.

Assuming all seals and gaskets are working correctly and the correct transmission fluid used,
-check the transmission fluid level (even if you filled it to the maximum line. After a rebuild and initial test drive the level can drop because the fluid is filling spaces not normally emptied when flushing the transmission)
-shift lever/linkage adjusted properly?
-any electrical or vacuum connections to transmission?

take care,
ChrisS

note: I've only worked with manual transmissions. So, you might have to do your own google searches.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:26 PM
Markoftexas

Thank You Chris

I have changed all the sensors with known good working ones. No change. The service manual states the 1st Accumulator or 1st gear clutches are faulty. The clutches are new as are the seals for the accumulator. I have a feeling I have lost pressure to the 1st gear clutch that points to the accumulator failure or basically the new O ring has failed or when I installed is out of place. Looks like I need to pull it back out.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:09 PM
ChrisS

Just out of curiosity, how was the transmission acting before you did the rebuild?