Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Accord (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/accord-5/)
-   -   ECU chips for real??? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/accord/169462-ecu-chips-for-real.html)

wesside 12-23-2004 12:31 PM

ECU chips for real???

I was just searching around on ebay and found these ecu ships for the h22a (p13) and there was lots of other ones as well for other engines/ecu's. These are cheap too, just wondering is this worth the $20, and has anyone had experience with something like this?

the h22a ecu chip on ebay

Tonz of mugen ones on ebay

IluvJae 12-23-2004 12:38 PM

Dont buy chips off of ebay. Each chip has to be tuned to your specific car. Doing that can cost you well over $20. If you wanna go that route its best just to save up.

Cosmo M3 12-23-2004 12:44 PM

get a Hondata. I'm sure they have one for the F22

Snoopy 12-23-2004 02:28 PM

do you have mods requiring you to mess with the ecu?

wesside 12-26-2004 11:15 AM

get a Hondata. I'm sure they have one for the F22
I have a JDM H22(H22A)

do you have mods requiring you to mess with the ecu?
Only intake, headers, exhaust. I just would like alittle more power on bottom end the top has plenty. It would be nice if vtec kicked in @ say 4,000-4,400 rather then 5,500.

Snoopy 12-26-2004 01:34 PM

moving the vtec lower with stock cams will almost certainly lose you power. with i/h/e you dont need to tune anything. with internals like cams, pistons, etc. then you'll want to look into something like hondata to tune.

h22accord 12-28-2004 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by wesside
Only intake, headers, exhaust. I just would like alittle more power on bottom end the top has plenty. It would be nice if vtec kicked in @ say 4,000-4,400 rather then 5,500.

Are you sure that you dont already have a reprogramed ecu? With my stock p13 ecu my vtec swiches over at 4500 with my reprogramed ecu it doesnt switch over until 5800. If all you are looking for is a sooner vtec engagement then get an apexi V-AFC II.

You have to remember that 4cyl make power in completely diffrent ways than v8s(using v8 for illustration purposes because they make more low end torque than a 4cyl). A v8 makes the vast majority of its power from displacment. It uses the pure size of the pistons and length of the stroke to make power. A 4cyl makes its power from revs. The higher the rev generaly the more power the engine makes(this goes for N/A engines only)

To understand why that is you first must understand what horse power is exatly. Horsepower literaly means usable power. The way to state the usable power of an engine is torque times rpm divided by a constant varible of 5252 equals horse power this is expressed as t * r / 5252 = h.

So because a v8 makes a majority of its torque as soon as you press the pedal it makes all of its horse power at the low end. Just the same a 4cyl makes very little torque but is much more efficent at keeping on to it for alot longer. so there for makes ALL of its horse power at high revs.

I hope that has helped you understand why it is nearly impossible for you to make a 4cyl have low end power w/out either forced induction like a super charger/nitrous or going into the bottom end and boring or stroking the engine.

I know i said alot to say a little but To answer the question at hand its not REALLY going to make that big of a diffrence moving your vtec. You are better off switching your ecu to get more top end. Something like i have that will allow your engine to rev to 8000+ rpms,(it increased my 1/8 times by more than 3/10s that almost a full second in the 1/4) rather than trying to get low end power that is virtualy unacheivable with out going into the bottom end of the block or going forced induction remember thats what your engine was made for high rev horse power not high displacement torque.

kenton 12-28-2004 06:56 PM

Try one of those wacky H22A7 ECUs from the Euro-R.

strykernyc 12-28-2004 09:55 PM

h22accord u are so right about the 4cyl. "The higher the rev generaly the more power the engine makes" this is making a great difference in my car righ now and i love it.

wesside 12-29-2004 11:30 AM

Posted by h22accord Are you sure that you dont already have a reprogramed ecu?
All I know is that I have the h22a p13 ecu, I checked that. I belive my vtec kickes in @ 5,300 rpms.

Posted by h22accord The way to state the usable power of an engine is torque times rpm divided by a constant varible of 5252 equals horse power this is expressed as t * r / 5252 = h.
Damn Dude thats heavy :D

Nice imformation h22accord, I was just reading a great couple page article on Vtec in the Super Street 2005 buyers guide(one with blonde lady on front with skylines)Displaying till march 05. Any way they were talking alot about cams, anyone around here with a h22a upgraded there cams?

Also a couple of you were talking about Hondata, anyone tried using?