Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   92+ Civic/EL & Del Sol (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/92-civic-el-and-del-sol-6/)
-   -   is it ok to change the signal light color in MD? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/92-civic-el-and-del-sol/99110-is-it-ok-to-change-the-signal-light-color-in-md.html)

newbb 10-04-2003 08:22 PM

is it ok to change the signal light color in MD?

you no its usually orange... for the front singnal lights...
i want to change that to white..or clear i should say...
is it illegal?? i saw some ppl with red and blue...
but im not sure if its legal or not....
help me guys....

EliteAccord 10-05-2003 02:22 AM

In the front you are allowed to either have clear (stock white), yellow, or amber.

In the rear you are only allowed to have amber or red, but the red must be coming from a red lense. You can't have a red bulb behind a clear lense.

Hyperwhite is not legal.

Dubs 10-05-2003 07:24 AM

That helps me a lot, I guess I wont have to post another thread and get yelled at by 500000 ppl saying:

"Do a search, this has been covered 2874843 times..."

Kai 10-05-2003 03:09 PM

I'm pretty sure that a clear front turn signal is illegal. Are there any cars that use a factory clear front turn signal with a clear bulb?

I'll add to EliteAccord's list, green and purple lights are illegal anywhere on the outside of a moving vehicle. Blue lights are illegal on any car other then a registered police vehicle, as are front facing red lights which are reserved for police and the fire department.

For you Canadians, I think you have to be a volunteer firefighter to have green lights, and that's only on call. At least that's what I have heard.

illicon2003 10-05-2003 03:16 PM

My car failed Virginia's state inspection for having blue colored front turn signal bulbs..... so I ended up popping them back in (across the street) and taking it back..lol

Kai 10-05-2003 03:18 PM

You're lucky you didn't get an "immitation of a police vehicle" ticket. Blue lights on a non-police car is a serious offense, they might even tow your car for it if you are not lucky.

dantastic 10-05-2003 05:33 PM

what's wrong with amber turn signals? theyre jDm y0!

EliteAccord 10-06-2003 12:45 AM

Originally posted by Kai
I'm pretty sure that a clear front turn signal is illegal. Are there any cars that use a factory clear front turn signal with a clear bulb?

I don't see why clear front turn signal would be illegal. The color is legal, but perhaps they don't recommend it because it would blend in with stock headlights which could create a problem. No factory car uses clear front turn signal. But I would like to say that yellow but better yet amber would be the best choice for contrast, compared to clear front turn signal.

LilDragonTKD 10-06-2003 06:19 AM

A friend of mine has blue headlights and clear turn signals....No cops have said anything to him about them