Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   92+ Civic/EL & Del Sol (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/92-civic-el-and-del-sol-6/)
-   -   fixed the boost leak..WHOA... (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/92-civic-el-and-del-sol/73882-fixed-the-boost-leak-whoa.html)

crucial v.2.2 06-03-2003 12:11 PM

fixed the boost leak..WHOA...

now im boosting between 5-7 psi...:eek:

it ended up being a couple things i guess, i pulled out the guage and tightened up the screw shit in the back and i also got bigger Ts for the vacuum lines, and now my BOV is sounding ALOT louder, loud enough that i like it and im probably going to keep it.

the T that the bov was on was a little to small for it, so it had a little leak, causing it not to blow off as hard...now im happy..:)

igo4bmx 06-03-2003 12:25 PM

yeah... finally done my install and i'm boosting bewteen 5-8 psi...
the greddy type s bov is pretty loud and people turn to see what the f&ck it is

crucial v.2.2 06-03-2003 12:28 PM

Originally posted by igo4bmx

yeah my friend has the type S on his civic also, its loud, like a bottle rocket.

flipped cracka 06-03-2003 12:51 PM

get some videos....both of you... :goodjob:

crucial v.2.2 06-03-2003 12:53 PM

Originally posted by flipped cracker
get some videos....both of you... :goodjob:

i will..really soon, matter of fact, imma go charge up the battery to my video camera..

i just have a probably doing that though, i dont know how to upload from camera to computer. :(

flipped cracka 06-03-2003 12:56 PM

Originally posted by crucial v.2.2
i will..really soon, matter of fact, imma go charge up the battery to my video camera..

i just have a probably doing that though, i dont know how to upload from camera to computer. :(

there's usually a cable that'll connect the 2. depends on the type of camera though.

crucial v.2.2 06-03-2003 12:57 PM

Originally posted by flipped cracker
there's usually a cable that'll connect the 2. depends on the type of camera though.
yeah it has an rca plug, but when i hook up to the computer, the computer doesnt read it.

19.3secS2K 06-03-2003 01:05 PM

Originally posted by igo4bmx

hows the turbo with an automatic tranny?

crucial v.2.2 06-03-2003 01:31 PM

question: how come NOW, my car goes into boost when i rev up on the motor? never did it before, and i dont think its suppost to either :dunno:

:( the bov gets really quiet again, after i put back on the pipe with the filter on...once its off, its loud, why does that make a difference???????

igo4bmx 06-03-2003 07:35 PM

Originally posted by crucial v.2.2
question: how come NOW, my car goes into boost when i rev up on the motor? never did it before, and i dont think its suppost to either :dunno:

:( the bov gets really quiet again, after i put back on the pipe with the filter on...once its off, its loud, why does that make a difference???????

the filter slowing down the velocity of the air?? :confused:

anyways, i gotta question for you... my car even when reading around 0 psi on my boost guage, my BOV releases gases... but why is there any pressure to release if its 0 psi?