Notices

Troubleshooting help needed del sol vtec post-accident no vtec

Old 03-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Ketsurui
NOT an arrogant regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Troubleshooting help needed del sol vtec post-accident no vtec

A little background to hopefully answer any additional questions:

The car is a 94 del sol VTEC, stock b16a3, spoon ecu.
Was in an accident 3 years ago. Car sat til I could afford repairing it. SRS hit, airbags deployed, had front end damage.
After about 2-3 years, I took it in for body work. Had a new core support installed. I replaced the airbags (without hooking them up), but not the SRS module.
Car needs alignment, but is "somewhat" drivable. There is NO VTEC whatsoever. Before my accident, my dizzy (TD44u) went out, and was replaced with a TD68u (which is supposedly interchangeable). I noticed every once in a while, my CEL would turn on and vtec would cut out. But a simple spin of the key off/on, would get rid of the light, and vtec was back. This is not the case now, No CEL, no vtec.

I've checked oil levels, in fact, right before the bodywork, I did a COMPLETE flush of ALL fluids, and everything is to specs. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction on what I can do next. Could the SRS somehow disable vtec? Is it a bad solenoid? Something else I haven't thought of. Any help will be awesome. Thanks guys!
Old 03-31-2011, 01:40 PM
Ketsurui
NOT an arrogant regular

40+ views, and no replies? Surely someone can help a bit, no??
Old 04-04-2011, 03:08 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

I would say 40+ views and no replies because it never happened to any of us. The best thing to do would be taking it to Honda to do a diagnostic.