Notices

Just installed my fuel pressure gauge

Old 04-29-2003, 09:03 AM
GCEX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed my fuel pressure gauge

B&M fuel pressure gauge just went in.

Couple of questions

1: reading 31PSI right now, is that normal for a car w/o a fuel pressure regulator installed yet?

2: when I shut off the engine the reading remains where it was, then after about 15 minutes the reading actually goes up a little bit, I'm guessing because of backpressure in the fuel system. I know the thing works because I blipped the throttle a couple of times and the needle fluctuated.

The FPR comes next, didn't get it yet b/c I didn't have enough cash at the time get it all at once. They wouldn't accept my CC...
Old 04-29-2003, 09:44 AM
doctorsohc
I HATE SCAMMERS!!!!

What year is your car? typically 35-42 psi is right. Pulling the vac hose to the reg should make it go up about 5 psi. Have fun installing your B+M reg when you get it - you have to chop up your stock reg to install the new one.
Old 04-29-2003, 11:26 AM
ManTiS
NinJA

I have a purple one already mounted on a Z6 regulator ... doesn't work on a Y8 rail and I don't want to hack mine up.
Old 05-04-2003, 08:43 AM
GCEX

Installed the fuel pressure regulator yesterday, almost took a crap in my pants twice.

1. I dropped the O-Ring that goes between the fuel rail and the fuel pressure regulator. First thought that it got hung up in the hoses beneath the intake manifold, almost cried when I couldn't see it, but then looked underneath the car and there it was.

2. While adjusting the fuel pressure while the vacuum line was off, the idle was surging so much that I thought something was broken. After the vacuum hose went on it returned to smoothness immediately.

Old 05-04-2003, 09:02 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by GCEX
Installed the fuel pressure regulator yesterday, almost took a crap in my pants twice.

1. I dropped the O-Ring that goes between the fuel rail and the fuel pressure regulator. First thought that it got hung up in the hoses beneath the intake manifold, almost cried when I couldn't see it, but then looked underneath the car and there it was.

2. While adjusting the fuel pressure while the vacuum line was off, the idle was surging so much that I thought something was broken. After the vacuum hose went on it returned to smoothness immediately.

:thumbup:

We have the same setup with the FPR and gauge.