Notices

Trading in the Accord for an EG Hatch :)

Old 06-19-2002, 02:35 PM
thecrotch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trading in the Accord for an EG Hatch :)

Looks like I'm gonna be moving from the Accord board to the Civic board

I have a few questions about the EG though. What main things should I look for such as problems, etc?

The EG ran from 92 - 96 correct? How many miles should I expect to be on a car that age? What color do you guys like the best and what should be my first mods. I want to swap the engine for a B18/B20 but don't know if that'll be too wise if the mileage is considerably low. I know I'll put a cat back, either DC or Greddy first b/c I can leave that after I swap the engine. I'll probably work on the suspension after that, ground control coilovers and some good shocks maybe Tokicos. Any other suggestions???

Hello to my new family :thumbup:

Last edited by thecrotch; 06-19-2002 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-19-2002, 02:47 PM
94AccordSedanEX

Selling anything off the Accord?
Old 06-19-2002, 02:53 PM
thecrotch

Originally posted by 94AccordSedanEX
Selling anything off the Accord?
Oh yeah. I've got a set of Drop Zone coilovers that have been on the car for 5 months, clear bumpers, clear corners, jaguar s type tails, clear rear bumper lights, intake/exhaust but it's a V6
Old 06-19-2002, 03:06 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Default Re: Trading in the Accord for an EG Hatch :)

Originally posted by thecrotch
Looks like I'm gonna be moving from the Accord board to the Civic board

I have a few questions about the EG though. What main things should I look for such as problems, etc?

The EG ran from 92 - 96 correct? How many miles should I expect to be on a car that age? What color do you guys like the best and what should be my first mods. I want to swap the engine for a B18/B20 but don't know if that'll be too wise if the mileage is considerably low. I know I'll put a cat back, either DC or Greddy first b/c I can leave that after I swap the engine. I'll probably work on the suspension after that, ground control coilovers and some good shocks maybe Tokicos. Any other suggestions???

Hello to my new family :thumbup:
Actually, it was just 92-95 for the EG's. In terms of color, if you could find a Captiva blue pearl in a decent condition, that would be pretty sweet. I think that it's a pretty rare (stock) color.

Considering that the oldest you get is a 10yr. old car, expect around 100k for milage so a swap may be a good idea after getting the car.
Old 06-19-2002, 06:36 PM
thecrotch

Default Re: Re: Trading in the Accord for an EG Hatch :)

Originally posted by randomtask77

Actually, it was just 92-95 for the EG's. In terms of color, if you could find a Captiva blue pearl in a decent condition, that would be pretty sweet. I think that it's a pretty rare (stock) color.

Considering that the oldest you get is a 10yr. old car, expect around 100k for milage so a swap may be a good idea after getting the car.
cool man thanks. Got any pics of that blue?