Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   92+ Civic/EL & Del Sol (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/92-civic-el-and-del-sol-6/)
-   -   does this equal a loss of 200 pounds? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/92-civic-el-and-del-sol/34792-does-this-equal-a-loss-of-200-pounds.html)

fastz71 11-18-2002 08:06 PM

does this equal a loss of 200 pounds?

all interior except driver and passenger seat, including all the power window/door mechanisms, and a/c

what can be done to get a 96 civic hatchback CX down to 1900-2000 pounds?

oc_civic 11-18-2002 08:35 PM

Re: does this equal a loss of 200 pounds?

Originally posted by fastz71
all interior except driver and passenger seat, including all the power window/door mechanisms, and a/c

what can be done to get a 96 civic hatchback CX down to 1900-2000 pounds?

when you say interior im assuming you also mean sound deadenind material?? that and you could get crazy.. EVERYTHIGN adds up.. windshield washer resv and windshield wiper motor and mech... lexan windows (kinda costly) cheap plastic summit racing seats.. they are realy uncomfortable but light as hell... C/F hoof.. fiberglass door panels and fenders... A/C if you have it... i mean like i said it really depends on how rediculous you wanna get... swap dash board out in favor of some aluminum sheet metal... headliner... your goal will not come easy. what EXACTLY is it stock??

fastz71 11-18-2002 08:58 PM

Re: Re: does this equal a loss of 200 pounds?

Originally posted by oc_civic
when you say interior im assuming you also mean sound deadenind material?? that and you could get crazy.. EVERYTHIGN adds up.. windshield washer resv and windshield wiper motor and mech... lexan windows (kinda costly) cheap plastic summit racing seats.. they are realy uncomfortable but light as hell... C/F hoof.. fiberglass door panels and fenders... A/C if you have it... i mean like i said it really depends on how rediculous you wanna get... swap dash board out in favor of some aluminum sheet metal... headliner... your goal will not come easy. what EXACTLY is it stock??
from what ive read they are 2238 stock. im not going to go that radical. interior, just seats, door pannels, etc, a/c, perhaps power steering and ABS

b00gers 11-18-2002 09:03 PM

200lbs? from seats and door panels? no.

fastz71 11-18-2002 09:08 PM

Originally posted by WiLL
200lbs? from seats and door panels? no.
what about a/c, power steering, and ABS?

asiandoood 11-18-2002 09:44 PM

seats and door panels alone will not get you down 200 lbs.

you would have to take out all the pumps/belts for a/c and power steering.

i wouldnt even touch the ABS...too much hassle for just a few pounds.

agent87 11-18-2002 10:06 PM

what about a/c, power steering, and ABS?
Removing a/c and power steering would push you closer to your goal but you still wouldn't reach it. Also, before you remove those things, find out first if you really want to live without them.

ABS, do CX's even have ABS?

fastz71 11-18-2002 10:36 PM

Originally posted by agent87
Removing a/c and power steering would push you closer to your goal but you still wouldn't reach it. Also, before you remove those things, find out first if you really want to live without them.

ABS, do CX's even have ABS?

this car will probably never even see the street. its just a toy for the track

agent87 11-18-2002 10:46 PM

this car will probably never even see the street. its just a toy for the track
In that case, while the things you mentioned won't be enough to reach 1900-2000lbs, you'll be able to find lots of little things that will help you out.

DSC 11-18-2002 10:55 PM

If you weigh 200lbs lose 50 :D