Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   92+ Civic/EL & Del Sol (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/92-civic-el-and-del-sol-6/)
-   -   2003 Civic EX 2 Door - 2 Issues (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/92-civic-el-and-del-sol/281810-2003-civic-ex-2-door-2-issues.html)

dclarktcco 11-26-2007 08:17 AM

2003 Civic EX 2 Door - 2 Issues

I need some help/advice with two issues I am currently having with my 2003Civic w/1.7 L 4 cylinder with approx 45k miles:

1. I received my last service from my Dealer. They stated that the lower control arm bushings need replaced. That is expensive work to have a dealaer do (Approx 400). Are the bushings the same as the ball joints? Second, has anyone done this replacement and is it pretty simple for a medium experienced person to do?

2. Not all the time, but occassionaly, when starting off at say a light, I hit the gas and get a hesitation in response from engine. I think something ignition or either fuel pump or fuel filter. Anyone experience such an issue? Liek I said, not all the time, just occassionally, like twice a week and I drive approx 45 miles a day.

Thanks for anyone's help.

Civic2Scooby 11-26-2007 09:16 AM

well for number as for number 1, those should be replaced under warranty if you are 03 with 45k miles.

number 2 should also be addressed by the dealer under warranty free of charge.

MeanGreen 11-26-2007 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by dclarktcco (Post 3709215)
I need some help/advice with two issues I am currently having with my 2003Civic w/1.7 L 4 cylinder with approx 45k miles:

1. I received my last service from my Dealer. They stated that the lower control arm bushings need replaced. That is expensive work to have a dealaer do (Approx 400). Are the bushings the same as the ball joints? Second, has anyone done this replacement and is it pretty simple for a medium experienced person to do?

2. Not all the time, but occassionaly, when starting off at say a light, I hit the gas and get a hesitation in response from engine. I think something ignition or either fuel pump or fuel filter. Anyone experience such an issue? Liek I said, not all the time, just occassionally, like twice a week and I drive approx 45 miles a day.

the hesitation issue may be your spark plug wires. this happens to my 96 civic about every 1-2 years. i always think its something worse, but just switching out those wires fixes it every times (on mine)

JoePoonani 11-26-2007 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by MeanGreen (Post 3709737)
the hesitation issue may be your spark plug wires. this happens to my 96 civic about every 1-2 years. i always think its something worse, but just switching out those wires fixes it every times (on mine)

Unless you do 90k miles a year, it shouldn't happen within that time span. There has to be something else wrong.

Like scooby said, all of those concerns should be covered under your manufacturer's warranty.

Line7 11-26-2007 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by dclarktcco (Post 3709215)

1. If I am imagining your LCA's correctly, the only way to replace those bushings is to punch them out, that might tell you weather the job is feasible to you or not. However, I'm very surprised that you have to replace those at just 45K.:thinking: