Notices

LS VTEC "Questions" & TODA vs JUN

Old 06-27-2006, 11:56 AM
jim_1009

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS VTEC "Questions" & TODA vs JUN

I've been searching for forum, but couldn't seem to find the answers I'm looking for.

Anyways here is my question. When running an LS-V, what would be the advantages and disadvantages if you do or do not run a windage tray? Is it required?

My other question: What would be the advantags or disadvantages if you knife edge the crank?

If you'd like a challenge then please compare and contrast Toda's camshafts vs. Jun camshaft. Be complete as possible. Also defend and justify your answers why you think which cam is better.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by jim_1009
I've been searching for forum, but couldn't seem to find the answers I'm looking for.

Anyways here is my question. When running an LS-V, what would be the advantages and disadvantages if you do or do not run a windage tray? Is it required?

My other question: What would be the advantags or disadvantages if you knife edge the crank?

If you'd like a challenge then please compare and contrast Toda's camshafts vs. Jun camshaft. Be complete as possible. Also defend and justify your answers why you think which cam is better.
to much CRAP to discuss in one thread, all of this has been discussed before so u probly should have searched but heres a breif on the whole not running a windage tray. IF YOU DON'T RUN ONE, YOU ARE DUMB! the windage tray's job is to prevent oiil from sloshing around in your pan fromt he turbulance created by the crank that is spinning extreamly fast & throwing air around, it cuts down on the wind that is below it, so that it doesn't slosh your oil everywhere & make it hard for your pick-up to suck the oil up.

the objective of knife edging the crank is for arrow dynamics of it cutting through the air while spinning inside the engine. If you haven't taken every possible measure in building your engine & making everything in there light weight / back cutting your valves / ect. <-- that type of stuff .. then it's going to be a waste of your money & your not going to notice the difference that it would make. Get a lighter flywheel & u'll notice more of a difference! Spend some time up top polishing your ports or something.

as far as your cam question, do some damn research!

</end rant>
Old 06-28-2006, 04:53 AM
b20hatchy
EM1 Crew member #74

Hey now, atleast he spelled vtec correctly.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:25 AM
jim_1009

It was just a question.....and you don't gotta get all mad about it.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:59 AM
pomansouth

get the cam that the tuner of the car is most comfortable with, if it is you then I would do my own research, look at as many dyno graphs as possible. personally my thoughts are the jun is good for more mild setups and todas are better for slightly more built motors...they both make GREAT power how ever