Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   92+ Civic/EL & Del Sol (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/92-civic-el-and-del-sol-6/)
-   -   Bad Throttle responce, boggs a lot? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/92-civic-el-and-del-sol/186357-bad-throttle-responce-boggs-a-lot.html)

Running925 04-25-2005 05:38 AM

Bad Throttle responce, boggs a lot?

Hey guys, just started having this problem a couple days ago, when get on the gas the thing acts like it's dieing. Starts to bogg as soon as u get the gas. I did notice if i just barly touch the gas, it will go without a problem & it will rev all the way out.. it's just that it take forever to do so.

I'm wondering if my TPS went bad or something & just isn't dumping enough fuel to compensate for the amount of air that i'm allowing in when i open throttle up.

what u guys think?

pomansouth 04-25-2005 05:44 AM

I think that your timing may be off, do you have cam gears. Also too much air and not enough fuel will hurt it as well. Check the tps with an voltmeter. Your helms should have a way to check it.

Running925 04-25-2005 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by pomansouth
I think that your timing may be off, do you have cam gears. Also too much air and not enough fuel will hurt it as well. Check the tps with an voltmeter. Your helms should have a way to check it.

I highly doubt my timing being off, my timing belt is still in new condition & perfect tension on it. It was runnin fine the other day, boostin like normal & then all the sudden it's just not responding right.

Civic2Scooby 04-25-2005 07:56 AM

voltmeter on the TPS.

Running925 04-25-2005 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by b16aEGcivic
voltmeter on the TPS.

I'll check it out when i get home from work.

If thats not the problem tho, what else would u suggest?

twinring 04-25-2005 09:04 AM

Does sound like a TPS problem from here. I know it may seem a bit grave but
if you arent throwing any codes. (not sure what you are using for fuel management)
I suggest you do a compression test of all the cylinders. also check the oil dip stick and the radiator and see if you got any coolant in one, or oil in the other.

Running925 04-25-2005 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by twinring
Does sound like a TPS problem from here. I know it may seem a bit grave but
if you arent throwing any codes. (not sure what you are using for fuel management)
I suggest you do a compression test of all the cylinders. also check the oil dip stick and the radiator and see if you got any coolant in one, or oil in the other.

Motor is sound. Did a compression test a couple weeks ago to make sure my rings sealed up nicly which they have.

Omniscient 04-25-2005 12:08 PM

This happend to my 1.5l right after I washed the bay. It died for a good two hours untill it dried out. Then it bogged down when I tapped the gas. Then it had a hard time starting. It went away when I replaced my fuel filter. Then It all led up to a blown head gasket. Not sure if that's your problem.

Running925 04-25-2005 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Omniscient
This happend to my 1.5l right after I washed the bay. It died for a good two hours untill it dried out. Then it bogged down when I tapped the gas. Then it had a hard time starting. It went away when I replaced my fuel filter. Then It all led up to a blown head gasket. Not sure if that's your problem.

Your issue sounds like you got your distributor wet & then by the time u replaced your fuel filter it was dried out & your head gasket probly wasn't related either :oh:

Andy 04-25-2005 12:17 PM

If you slowly build the engine with the gas pedal barely pushed does the engine still make full boost? Sounds like it might be a leaking IC pipe. Don't rule out the simple stuff though, throw a timing light on it and check where your ignition timing is, check the plugs and make sure their not fouled, check your cap and rotor that nothing burned out.