Notices

1993 Del Sol Hid Lights + Radio Issue

Old 08-29-2014, 06:19 AM
Keepsix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP 1993 Del Sol Hid Lights + Radio Issue

Hi folks, thanks for taking you're time to read this.

I have a set of euro Hid's in my car (SP-HD001 hi/low) and they worked fine except for when i switch my hi/low beams when i go from my low HID's to my normal high beams then go back to my HID's the drivers side HID light does not turn on. (i have to flick them off and on again while driving to turn both on again)

Another thing to note is when my HID lights turn on my radio (only radio stations not mp3) would get a little static.

yesterday as i flicked the HID's on and off to follow a clicking/buzzing sound i thought was emanating from the drivers HID light all of a sudden the drivers HID does not turn on anymore. Only the passenger side HID light turns on.

I figured i blew a bulb or ballast, so I switched the bulbs, same issue only drivers side not working.. ok so its not the bulbs!
I tried to switch the ballast around and when i did (keep in mind its easy plug and play you cant mess up) When i switched the ballast around None of the HID's Worked!

so i switched the ballast back to the original, and again they both dont work now.... So now i have only normal hi beams, no low HID's

I checked the fuse box and i blew a 10a fuse, (keep in mind i drove with these 10A fuse for over a year with HID lights working)
I tried 2 other 10A fuse and they blew, I TRIED one more 10A fuse and it is GOOD, it is not blowing.... but i still have no lights!!!

Should i use a 15A or 20A fuse instead, and would my car handle that in its stock wiring???

What do you guys think the issue is, The ballast, wire harness, or relays?

I'm going to canadian tire today to get a new HID kit, and while im at it maybe i should relay it directly to the battery.

I should mention that im no expert, and after some research i was under the assumption that only the 50W HID's could hurt the wire harness.... my HID's are 35W could a 35W HID kit harm you're cars wire harness???

My Car: http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/Ph...eshow/My%20Car

My HID Ballast: http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/...psb39ccd7f.jpg

My HID Headlight: http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/...psd130dc11.jpg

Last edited by Keepsix; 08-29-2014 at 06:27 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:44 AM
Keepsix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK So I have blown several fuses, all 10a (what is listed on my diagram)
I switched the ballast around and i now have the passanger HID working on a 10a fuse, but the driver side blows the fuse.
I think it is either a bad ballast, or bad wiring for the drivers side.

If anyone has any ideas or info, like will a ballast blow fuses over and over when bad? or is this most likely crossing wires, or bad ground.