Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   92+ Civic/EL & Del Sol (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/92-civic-el-and-del-sol-6/)
-   -   lugnuts?????? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/92-civic-el-and-del-sol/11996-lugnuts.html)

bokchoyboi 07-29-2002 03:31 PM

lugnuts??????

I just got a set or rims and i lost one of the lugnuts. Rite now, on one of my rim, i only got 3 lugnuts on. My question is that is it safe to drive with only 3 lugnuts on? Will it harm the car in any way? And by the way my car is 4 lug pattern. Thanks

westcoaststyle 07-29-2002 05:11 PM

I think it would be ok to drive it to the dealership or wheel place to get a new lug nut just as long as they're tight, but I wouldn't go anywhere else.....

FourthGenHatch 07-29-2002 06:33 PM

I only have 3 on my front right side now but they are all torque to 80 and it feels fine, no shaking or anything.

CivicPete 07-29-2002 06:40 PM

ya it should be fine i rolled around on my old car for months... it seemed fine...

bokchoyboi 07-29-2002 06:41 PM

Originally posted by FourthGenHatch
I only have 3 on my front right side now but they are all torque to 80 and it feels fine, no shaking or anything.
mine feels fine too and its on my right rear rite now, but i'm still kinda worry and i don't know where to get a new set of lugnuts that size. There not the stock lugnuts and there small so i don't know where to get them. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

etmoron 07-29-2002 06:43 PM

go on ebay get some of those spline , or "JDM" black hex lugs for 4o bucks -=]

randomtask77 07-29-2002 06:51 PM

You could go to Discount/America's Tire Co. and show them what kind of lugnut you need. More often than not, they have the kind of lugnut you need, or direct you to a shop that would carry it.

silvercivicgrl 07-29-2002 06:52 PM

um i thought it wasnt good. one of my wheellocks fell off the other day too :(

bokchoyboi 07-29-2002 07:00 PM

Originally posted by randomtask77
You could go to Discount/America's Tire Co. and show them what kind of lugnut you need. More often than not, they have the kind of lugnut you need, or direct you to a shop that would carry it.
Thanks for the info randomtask77 and all u guys/grls too. I'll go to Discount/America's Tire Co tommorow rite after work. I will be posting pics of my car up soon. Rite now i have have Buddy Club front, Tsunami sides, Wings West rear, 16 inch white ADR DTM rims and a OEM stlye carbon fiber hood from JDM honda parts. By the way its a 2000 civic ex coupe in taffeta white:)

crucial Si 07-29-2002 07:15 PM

i broke off one of my studs in the front a long time ago, havent had time to fit it and it really does do anything bad to the car that i noticed, doesnt wabble or anything like that. i dont plan on fixing it until i get my new rims and all new lugs....
on this thing of lugs...do the tuner lugs have a special key so nobody can just take them off w/ a wrench or anything like that. (it is hard to jack them off a car if its sitting in a parking lot)