Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   92+ Civic/EL & Del Sol (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/92-civic-el-and-del-sol-6/)
-   -   i finally got springs and getting lowered (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/92-civic-el-and-del-sol/101217-i-finally-got-springs-and-getting-lowered.html)

AP1dude 10-21-2003 07:33 PM

Originally posted by 96GreenCivic
what kind of a drop will those give you? You're going to put them over stock struts? Let me know how you like the ride afterwards.

:thumbup:
they look good

its a 1.8 drop all around .....they are goin on stock struts ..will post pics tomorrow:thumbup:

alllooksnnogo 10-21-2003 07:41 PM

nice bro hope it goes well :thumbup:

Tein :)

asiandoood 10-21-2003 08:10 PM

the stechs has a very soft spring rate...good for daily driving while giving the car an agressive drop.

93DituneEX 10-21-2003 08:30 PM

Originally posted by 165EJ1
just got springs in today and putting on tomorrow
hehe....should be seeing my set of those in less than a week, how u know which ones go on front and which ones go on back?

Originally posted by asiandoood
the stechs has a very soft spring rate...good for daily driving while giving the car an agressive drop.
just what i'm looking for.....

Wharbone 10-21-2003 09:02 PM

Unless they are different on the tein springs, the springs that are not even all the way up and down are the rears, and the ones that are even are the fronts. From the pic above, from left to right, we have front, rear, front, rear. For the rears, the more tighty wound part of the springs are the top of the spring.

93DituneEX 10-21-2003 09:10 PM

Thanks, just trying to get it straight BEFORE i put em on this time ya know? :wtc: Hope mine come with the rears having the black covering on the tops and bottoms to make it easier on me, lol.

93DituneEX 10-21-2003 09:11 PM

EDIT: Double Posted, my bad.

NeverBX 10-21-2003 09:22 PM

usually is easy to tell them apart cause the fronts are always thicker than the rears, unless your car is mid or rear engine.

AP1dude 10-21-2003 09:24 PM

Originally posted by asiandoood
i did research and asked around......alot of peeps said the stech are good.....one of the local shops were telling me i don't need them and get some RS sleeves from them for $160:eek3:......then i asked how much for the teins from them they told me $250:eek3:......now tomorrow i'm goin to same shop to get installed and only pay $100 for installation (would do myself but don't have time and am not paying for it myself).

h22avid 10-22-2003 08:50 AM

Usually your springs will be marked front and rear by some means. Also when you look at the spring the narrow end willl go on the bottom and should sit right in the strut seat. The wider end will go on the top and sit in the springs collar at the top of the struts piston shaft where you tighten the compression nut. It's really hard to put them in wrong unless you're really, really, really :bandito:.

Post pics when you're done. I just finished installing some Progress Auto springs rated for the H22 in the civic and put them on Tokico Blues. It rides really good now... it's a little stiff but with the high spring rate that is needed to support the weght of the motor, that is expected.... I truly enjoy the ride though. I'll post pics once I get a chance.