Old 07-02-2015, 08:42 AM
jon90ZC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just wanted to update the post . . .

luckily my friend whos a good mechanic that i trust was available, and he looked at my car this morning, and within 10 minutes he got my car started, he used my battery jump starter and had me crank it over, and started, but then he removed the distributor and showed how when you turn it, it was binding, and should be turning freely, and that he is sure its the distributor bad, but also he said when the dist. shaft heated up, it melted the rotor, and moved the rotor, where it was out of time, and would'nt start because of that mainly, cause it should of still been able to start with the condition of my distributor, but not if its out of time cause the rotor moving,

so he said its a good idea to get a used OEM distributor, but he said he just needed to lube up the current distributor good, and it can still be good enough to be able to run the car while we drive to get the used part, since he does'nt have his truck with him at the moment, so he took some stuff apart around the bearing end and lubed it up with bearing grease i had, on both ends, and afterward, he showed me how it spun freely and was'nt bindijng anymore, so right now he is putting the distributor back on the car, so we can use it to go get the part,

so most of the people on the forums were right, saying it was probably the distributor, cause it is, but i'm just glad i did'nt end up blowing a bunch of money getting some unknown mechanic look at it for telling me the same thing he did, cause he will barely charge me much at all.