Thread: B18a1 tdc
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 02:44 PM
joe_kewl81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18a1 tdc

So I have a 91 Integra....Im pretty sure the timing belt has never been replaced...no big deal i have every intention of replacing it. Anyway the timing belt is loose, which seems to be my obvious problem. I do have spark and i am getting fuel. The car tries damn hard to start but wont. I have taken off the the timing belt and reset the valve timing because it had slipped and the car stopped running. I disconnected the battery to reset the computer and pulled the spark plug to check out the piston to attempt top dead center. It ran great for a couple days, better than when i got it. The timing belt was flapping around making terrible noise, but it was running. Then only a block from home after a test drive, it began missing and dying. I pushed it back home and tried again to reset the timing. Now it wont start at all. Ive tried again to reset the valve timing, but my main problem is top dead center. I'm assuming i need to removed the crank pulley, remove the timing cover, and look for a mark. What is my indicator on the engine and what is my indicator on the crank shaft? Also my old sentra was supposed to be set to 5 degrees before TDC. so is this honda the same? Or is it supposed to be at zero or perhaps 5 after? Maybe even 10 either direction. I have done this before, just not with this car. I suppose I'll just buy a chilton's lol.