Old 04-30-2009, 11:53 AM
RSX46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The infamous clunking noise in Front End....

Hi all, I have a never ending problem with my 2005 RSX... Let me tell you a little about my history with this problem..

I bought my 2005 Acura RSX brand new from the dealership here in Marietta, Georgia on 3-11-05 and on 5-5-05 I started hearing this clunking noise / popping noise when ever I would drive over uneven payment, gravel road, pot holes (I try to avoid them). speed humps, etc.. Sometimes it would sound like the front end was about to come out.

It is so hard to describe what it sounds like, It's like a dull pop or a banging noise..

Anyway I took it back to the dealership and they replaced the Struts. That seemed to help for about 2 months and then it started back again. Took it back to the dealership and told them and they replaced the springs. That helped for about 3 months and it started back again. I then took it back to the dealership and they replaced the struts, rack and pinion, springs, pretty much the whole front end. When I got it back it seemed fine and then after about 1.5 years it slowly started back popping / clunking again...

I have now taken my RSX back and forth to the dealership a total of 7 to 8 times with this same problem yet they can't seem to fix it so it will not happen again.

I pretty much just gave up and have been dealing with the sound. I have just been playing my radio loud so I don't hear it, but about 2 months ago I noticed that when looking at my car from the back you could see that it was leaning to left (the left side of my car was sitting lower than the right side, looking at it from the back). I then took a look at the front wheels and noticed that the gap in between the top of the tire and the wheel well were different between the left and right. The left side was sitting lower than the right about 1/2 inch. So I took it back to the dealer this past Monday and they said that my warranty is now out and it will cost me 300 bucks to replace the spring in the left strut.. I am now arguing with them and waiting on there response... This has been a night mare......

Also I have another problem and I hope someone can help me..
When ever I come to a stop I get a loud clicking/pop noise coming from the gear selector sometimes it's so loud you can hear it over the radio. It is driving me crazy. Sitting in traffic is the worse. I drive, then stop and it clicks.. Repeat that about 200 times a day while sitting in traffic and see how normal you are. I tried to get the dealership to fix it but they told me that it was normal.. I told them how can it be normal if it didn't do it during the first 3 years I had the car. They pulled a old RSX from the lot and drove me in it and it did the same thing.. they said "see it's normal". I was thinking yea right, this one is just as messed up as mine (the dealerships are sneaky like that). If anyone knows what this could be can you tell me how to fix it?

Also does anyone know how to disable the seat belt warning beep? That drives me crazy also...