Old 07-04-2008, 03:45 AM
kingofstates

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with 2001 Accord factory sub-woofer wiring?

Hi everyone!

I have a 2001 Honda Accord Ex UK model (electrics should be similar to US Accord) and needed info on reconnecting the factory sub-woofer.

The vehicle came with a full bose sound system (cd player and extras of a 6 disc changer and sub). I recently changed the standard cd player with an aftermarket one, this was no problem as i can do this all day long. Only thing is that this made the 6 disc changer and sub-woofer inactive; there was one small block of wires which was left unconnected that was related to this.

A friend said to me that when you change the factory stereo unit, you have to change certain other components like the cd changer too with an aftermarket one, as they are designed to work together. However you still can do, but it involves more complexity of the electrics.

Now what i wanted to do is reconnect the sub-woofer not the changer (if anyone can suggest an easy way of doing that too it would be good), by knowing what colour is what in the left over block connector for the sub and just knowing what the other ones are too, without doing trial and improvement with any of the wires. Things like general wiring diagrams are not useful as they just deal with main audio electrics, but a more specific one for optional extras like of the sub would be good. In addition, Honda have made this more awkward (typical of manufacturers) as even if you manually unscrew the sub in the boot and look at the back of it you can not find out from there because you got two blacks and two reds on the speaker minus and positive terminals on one side and on the other side where it was originally linked to the factory stereo you got colours also for other functions. So basically Honda have changed the colours halfway down the loom so they are different from both sides.

Even to make things easier i am listing the colours if anyone knows what they are for, rather than me wasting time experimenting, or if someone has a specific wiring diagram for extra components like the changer, sub etc, that would be appreciated..

(left over block for sub etc) (what colour is for?)

red =
brown =
green =
white =
black =
blue =
yellow =
brown/white =
yellow/red =
yellow/blue =

Thanks!!