View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 04:53 PM
jamned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, my name's Eric and a few months ago I bought an 86 CRX si with the stock EW4 engine. I recently finished rebuilding it since it had some coolant issues and the last owner swapped on an incorrect head (from a carbureted d15a2...I recognized this since another car of mine has it--the CVCC chambers also say it shouldn't be on a fuel injected car).

I also bought an 85 CRX as a parts car, though it looks like it has a carbureted EW2 so it won't contribute any useful engine bay parts. I'm hoping to swap in a powerful Honda engine--either an H series, B18, LS/vtec or CR/vtec, but I have a lot more to research before I do.

Right now I'm a junior RF engineer in Los Angeles, but this isn't going to be my career for long. Skillwise, I'm pretty good with computers and math, and this is the third time I've taken apart an engine--though I've never disassembled the lower end. I'm hoping to learn how to weld and fab, so I can possibly fab/weld engine mounts, exhaust tubing and exhaust headers for all cars I plan on modifying.