View Single Post
Old 11-02-2002, 03:55 PM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by qtiger
With either system you'll be looking at throwing your i/h/e out the window.

You might consider all motor as a good avenue of continued buildup. It would fulfill all of your requirements except #5.

With a Jun2 intake cam and ITR exhaust cam, you'll make excellent midrange power, or you could go with a pair of Jun3s or Skunk2 stage 2s for that top end power.
Hi qtiger,

Thanks for the reply. When I first considered modifying my car, I had considered JUN 3s, then decided too many things could go wrong and opted for a CTR intake cam + ITR exhaust cam. However, my car is a hardc0 daily driver so I was a bit iffy about having to open up the engine. I'd prefer to keep the internals stock. If my car wasn't daily driven I would do a pricey all-out all-motor build-up with JUN 3s.

With either unit I'm aware I could make more power with 2.5" piping ex. such as changing out the comptech header for a kamikazi type; however I'm not looking to break 1/4 mile records. All I want is some reliable and fairly maintenance-free power, and I think supercharging would be less of a headache for an incompetent mechanic such as I. I mentioned the top-end power as a justification for choosing the vortech over the JRSC.

Btw, I remember you from the old skool days of HAN/off-topic. You still post on off-topic.net? If I recall correctly you had a tiger as your avatar hehe.

Thanks again...

Shingo

ps. I have yet to find a Vortech owner on one of these boards..guess I'll have to keep trying