View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 07:12 AM
mr22na
Miss It.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nights6789
hello all..Im on here cus im having a really bad time with my car sound. Ok so let me tell ya. I had my accord since Jan 07. I had no problems with it but since oct of this year my sound in the car stops working. the sound stops and comes on when it wants now. everything else works fine I just cant have no music and my navi cant talk to me. I took it to the honda dealer and they even put in a new nagi system for free and its still not working right. They have no idea whats wrong and im worried that im not gonna found the problem. please any advice or anything will help. thanks for reading

-Nicole (03 accord ex/ navi)
do you know if you car has a factory amp?
im not 100% sure if this car has a factory amp.
if so the amp might be bad...

your speakers might be blown also. or possible grounding out.

the best thing to do is check the resistance of all the speakers in the car. usuing a digital multi meter. ( using the Ohm's symbol. looks like a horse shoe).

check the OHMS from behind the radio first. if it reads less then 4ohm but not less thenless then 3 ohms the speakers are good. more then 8 ohms and chances are they are shot.

if behind the radio they read between 0-3 ohms go to the speaker directly and check it right from the speaker terminal. (use above ohm reading for refrence)

good luck.