View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 09:21 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reintroduction/ introduce yourself

Hello all you CRX nuts.

I've been off the forum for quite a while [unusual for a moderator, for sure], so I thought I'd let everyone know that I'm back and give a little background on myself.

I'm currently an ROV technician for Oceaneering International, Inc working in the gulf of mexico, doing electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, fabrication and welding work.

I've also spent a good portion of my working career as an automotive/restoration mechanic, engine builder [over 300 to date, ranging in size from .12cui RCs up to 460cui Fords, and everything in between], a Johnson/Evinrude factory service mechanic, and a Navy submarine contractor.

My CRX of choice is my 1985 CRX DX that I've owned since '99. Currently it's got a bored/blueprinted EW3 sporting dual Weber DCOE40 carbs, MSD, DC header and a home fabbed 2.5" all stainless mandrel bent exhaust. I've also converted to integra brakes, poly bushings, and remote locks. That's going to change after the first of the year though, making the switch to EFI with a 180WHP B16 going in.

So anyways, that's me, I'd like to hear from the current regulars and see where we're at skill and timewise with our CRX group.