Notices

07 civic si got issues

Old 11-14-2007, 12:54 PM
jeffhorigan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 civic si got issues

I own an 07 civic si and have problems with surging on accel. This only happens when cold and goes away in a few blocks, I am however somewhat anal about my car, obviously. I only have 5k on the car and it really shouldn't happen. I also have the occasional 3rd gear issue it seems like most owners have. Before I take it to the dealership, any info/help/advice? Being a mercedes dealership tech myself I am not an uneducated consumer, no honda specific experience though. Could cold surge be open loop behavior? Do these go closed loop that quick? I do let my car warm up till idle is about 1500. These simple(I hope) issues are making me think of buying extended warranty. Waste of money?

Last edited by jeffhorigan; 11-14-2007 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:04 PM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Yeah, they go closed loop after about 5 minutes.....

Could be a vacuum leak or a problem with the IACV....it's an 07 so I would just take it in and have it taken care of.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:58 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I took my car in for service, I told them about the 3rd gear grinds and how it pops out of gear when the engine is cold and how I had heard that unfortunately it's been a very common issue. They replaced the tranny fluid and that was about it. I still have the same issues sometimes though. :hs:

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "surging"? Do you mean erratic idle or just the fact that the car is "jumpy" when it's cold? :thinking:
Old 11-14-2007, 07:46 PM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

These are common problems on these cars, don't worry! no need for the extended warrantee.

The 3rd gear problem can be resolved by switching to some other tranny fluid, or by warming up the car then opening the fill hole on the tranny. There should be some excess fluid that will leak out, and resolve the problem.

The surging is simply an inconvenience; I've had mine for over a year now and I've gotten used to it.

Every si owner ive talked to has noticed these little bugs. It's nothing to worry about. There are pages and pages of this sort of talk on the web, search google for more info.

oh, and welcome to HAN
Old 12-17-2007, 09:53 AM
IntegraKing

I have this same issue and it doesn't seem to be a problem with the car... I think it's just really fussy when it first starts up.

It's like when you hit the gas you get jerked back, but your foot releases pressure on the gas, which makes you surge forward...which jerks you back...etc.

It's Newton's law...equal and opposite reaction.

When this happens I just step on the clutch and switch to second gear.