Notices
Vehicle Classifieds Cars for sale only.

1989 Honda Civic Si Hatchback - just painted - (OH)

Old 09-29-2009, 10:03 AM
imnot4n
Dangerously Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1989 Honda Civic Si Hatchback - just painted - (OH)

Craigslist: http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1390612113.html

I have an '89 Honda Civic Si Hatchback Ive been putting together piece by piece for about six months now. I was really motivated when I first got it, but I do not plan on doing anything further with it. The car has been recently painted sprayed on with an automotive paint gun using an air compressor. The paint is a marine based boat paint with a high gloss finish. Its called Interlux Brightside Topside finish. Google it to see results of other cars that have been painted with it before. Im asking $2400 OBO. Price is negotiable, based on what rims will sell with the car. NO I will not sell the Si rims by themselves. NO I dont want any type of trades. Money talks.

$2400 with Si rims (with BF Goodrich's)
$2200 with Acura LS rims (with Bridgestone Potenzas) I have the center caps for the rims, great condition and color matched to rims.
$1800 with bring your own rims
Price with any rims or no rims is negotiable. Shoot me some offers, this car needs to go!

CONTACT ME BY PHONE ONLY PLEASE, NO EMAILS.
***614.270.7219*** Text or call ANYTIME!!!! Ask for Josh.
If no answer / response I will get back to you as soon as I can..trust me I need to sell this soon.

~~Engine
-Stock D16A6 5spd - has 185,xxx on the dash - runs strong, quick little car
-Short short ram intake w/ Turbonator (silly as seen on TV thing, little fan thing inserted in intake suppose to increase mpg)
-New clutch (just a stock replacement, no stage 1, 2, of any type)
-VHT wrinkle finish valve cover (black) not the best Ive dont but its ok
-New inner and outer tie rod ends (both left and right)
-Newer axles
-Stock exhasut manifold
-Straight pipe out to the Magnaflow tubular muffler (sounds pretty good actually) This is the muffler that was on the car when I bought it.
-In the engine bay there are most of the existing air conditioning components needed for AC. AC does not work as of now.

~~Suspension
-KYB GR2's gas shocks(all four brand new)
-Megan Racing Hi Low Coilover sleeves (all four brand new) can be easily dropped another 1.5'' - 2''. Lots of threads left.
-Ingalls front camber kit
-Front Strut bar (polished)
-Rear Strut bar (polished)
-C-Pillar bar (gunmental)
-Lower tie bar (polished)

~~Interior (about 95% black)
(Vinyl interior has been sprayed with adhesive promoter and DupliColor interior paint)
-Front dash is in great shape, missing a couple plug pieces under steering column - see picture
-Pioneer DEH-9 cd player w/ aux input in front
-Newer 6.5'' speakers in the doors
-New carpet (pre molded - black) nice, thick carpet
-No floor mats
-89 Si front seat
-CRX front seat ?? (looks very similar)
-89 Civic Si rear seat (darn near mint, seriously)
-99 Si shift boot
-99 Si shift knob
-New sunroof switch (sunroof works perfect)

~~Brakes/Wheels
-99-00 Si wheels all w/ BF Goodrich G-Force Sports (Front tread about 75% left, Rear tires are basically brand new 95% tread left)
or
-15'' Acura LS Special Edition wheels all w/ Bridgestone Potenzas (good tread on all)
-Newer front disc brakes
-Newer front calipers
-Newer front pads

~~Exterior/ Miscellaneous
-Si front bumper with Si lip
-DX rear bumper w/ HONDA genuine mudflaps (mudflaps not pictured) left mudflap has a penny sized hole in it, right is perfect
-Newer headlights
-Newer corner lights (smoked with VHT Nightshades)
-New front bumper lights (smoked with VHT Nightshades)
-Rear tail lights are orginal and are in great clean condition
-Engine bay and under hood is flat black.
-Hatchback rear jams are semi-flat primer (ran out of flat black) yea, Im that lazy
-Carpet is not laid and adhesived correctly yet (I plan on doing that before selling) sits in there great as is though
-Rear quarter windows have this purple-ish tint..maybe from when that was in style during the early 90's
-more than half tank of gas (gas aint cheap people)
-may need an alignment
-extra stuff for car like mudflaps, screws, interior pieces, extra set of taillights, etc...will come with car

The bad:
-Windshield is cracked (I was cleaning up the mess that "the windshield people" left behind (after it was originally replaced two years ago) with a flathead screwdriver, went too deep into the silicone, backed out too fast, cracked.) *Insert favorite expletive* It doesnt affect driveability, just an eyesore.
-I have both door panels. Driver side panel is disgusting, pretty torn up..passenger side panel is in great shape.

In conclusion, this is a great running car with some subtle modifications. Great for a first car, or for a project swap, or whatever it is that you do. Its getting harder and harder to find CLEAN old school hatchbacks with NO rust, not to mention its an original Si. Hit me up people. Thanks for looking.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1390612113.html

Last edited by imnot4n; 09-29-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:24 AM
Hondasi88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you send me pictures? also would you trade for a ES300?

vr4driver394@hotmail.com

thanks

sorry i just re read your no trades comment.