Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

Could be first auto-x this weekend

Old 10-04-2005, 01:20 PM
ED9man
driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could be first auto-x this weekend

A couple questions.

1. What happens if I can't fit in the car with a helmet? I really cant, I have about 1/2" of clearance without one with no headliner, even with the new seat, I am still sorting out the mounting of it, but I don't think I'm going to get anymore, maybe a tiny bit.

2. My tires are pretty bald on the way outside in the back but the others have plenty of tread, as well as the rest of the backs, they used to be on the front, and they are pretty new tires, but I realized my alignment is way out of wack and it ate up the insides, so I switched them to the back, I had to remount and stuff but they are all going in the correct direction now. Fixing the alignment tommorow. Is it going to be a problem? They aren't showing cords or anything but they are to the wear bars on the outside blocks only of the rears.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:07 AM
DakarM

1 you can't drive
2 you might not pass tech but most likely they wont care too much unless cord is showing.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:08 PM
ED9man
driver

thanks, I guess I'm gonna have to duck down and squeeze. h:
Old 10-05-2005, 06:17 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

You'll fit. I've seen 6'5" guys drive in little dinky cars with helmets on. Just squish yourself in there.

And as far as tires as long as there are no cords showing you should be fine. I'd get an alignment quick though.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:02 PM
ED9man
driver

Didn't work out, I'm shooting for the 21st now which is the last one of the season. :happysad: The parents aren't exactly thrilled about it for some reason, they think it's really dangerous and I'm going to break the car or something. But mostly because I couldn't afford it this time around with the alignment, tie rod ends, and new tires and they wouldn't lend me the extra money. h: Better to get that stuff settled first anyways.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:20 PM
TSM

I am 6'7" and I just squease in but you get over it I would Wait until your car is ready , get tires thats the most important thing at the auto-x . It is somewhat safe but you are racing and there is always a risk don't incress the risk by driveng an unsafe car thats why there is tech to keep it safe and fun
Old 10-11-2005, 06:46 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Yeesh! Reading your posts give me a headache. Where'd you learn how to type?